Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online or Offline?

Anyone else get the message on the start screen that you are off line? Mine always says that and if I click to go on it just goes around and around. But what is funny I can go to the Gallery, download and place things in it, comment and everything just as I'm on line. Never get the message I can't do that because I'm offline. This has just started in the past week. How do I know if I'm on or off when It always shows it. Shows I am in Origin and I can use my internet, just shows this in game only.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    If there is really no effect, I suggest ignoring it since it would be no big deal. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    True there isn't,but I just wish they would get it all fixed, seems each time we get a new update or patch which I get origin updates everytime my computer comes on , there is something new wrong.
  • Options
    FrnstntnFrnstntn Posts: 81 Member
    I keep getting this aswell but I can still connect to the gallery. Are you in UK I was wondering if this had anything to do with it?
  • Options
    TwistedAngelTwistedAngel Posts: 13 New Member
    I've got the same problem, on the start screen it says I'm offline but I have zero problems connecting to the gallery. It's really weird and annoying as heck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Frnstntn wrote: »
    I keep getting this aswell but I can still connect to the gallery. Are you in UK I was wondering if this had anything to do with it?

Nope, it isn't the location. I'm in the United States and this has happened to me a couple times after the patch.
  • Options
    Frnstntn wrote: »

No US, but love it here because everyone is so much more mature to talk to. Not as many young kids since most of them here are at sleep or in school when I'm on.
  • Options
    I've got the same problem, on the start screen it says I'm offline but I have zero problems connecting to the gallery. It's really weird and annoying as heck

yes it is, like I said it makes you wonder if you really are, but I too can go to the Gallery, download and fave and add lots.
  • Options
    I really do think that the Patch has something to do with it. Seems everyone is getting the same thing no matter the location
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    I am also getting an Off line message. At first it did not bother me but now I am annoyed by it. My game is a clean game no mods or cc, and is up to date. Hope this annoyance is fixed soon.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    Well I've tried it with and with out my mods and CC so that isn't the problem, the problem is with EA not us. Origin shows us on line and we can post and read here so we are on line, we can look at the gallery in game , download and share to it is just EA.
  • Options
    yes it is very annoying
  • Options
    nevershoutgirnevershoutgir Posts: 1 New Member
    anyone know a way to fix not being able to get online at all? every time i try to get online, the load screen takes forever, then just disappears as if nothing happened. ive been having this problem for a long time.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Right off the bat, check your firewall settings. Make sure Origin and The Sims 4 (maybe TS4) are both set to ALLOW. I had trouble with that AGES ago and it took me 3 days of digging to figure out how/where to finally change the setting. True story. Norton Internet Security is evidently not a fan of Origin et al.

I took pictures...

fz1y7n.jpg

and (notice Origin has more than one setting to change)

o7jzaf.jpg

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Right off the bat, check your firewall settings. Make sure Origin and The Sims 4 (maybe TS4) are both set to ALLOW. I had trouble with that AGES ago and it took me 3 days of digging to figure out how/where to finally change the setting. True story. Norton Internet Security is evidently not a fan of Origin et al.

I took pictures...

fz1y7n.jpg

o7jzaf.jpg

Hope this helps!

Don't have Norton and this has only happened since the last update.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

I took pictures...

fz1y7n.jpg

o7jzaf.jpg

Hope this helps!

Don't have Norton and this has only happened since the last update.

Whatever firewall you have, if it was me, I'd be digging around there.

I realize others also have this, and it's recent, so yeah, probably EA's fault. But anytime something like that happens, I try to make sure things are optimal (as well as a laptop can do "optimal") just so I can rule out anything weird on my end.

I did think it was a shot in the dark... but there's a chance somebody somewhere may find it useful. I just mentioned it so you could rule it out, really. And because I did have gallery-connection issues once, a looooooong time ago.

I don't know about now, I rarely go there any more, since EA enabled MOO. I'll just build my own stuff.

• Options
    FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member
    Yes I have the same issue since a couple of weeks ago. It says "You are Offline" when I clearly am not and can open and browse the gallery.

Clicking the image to go online also has no effect.

From what I can see it's a new bug, probably added in a recent patch.
    Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png