Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family play ideas

SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
I would love to see toddlers return in the game and teens that look like teens. I don't want adult height teens that wear the same clothes as their parents. I want teens that pull pranks, skip school, get in trouble, and break curfew. These features for teens may come in a Generations type EP. I hope for toddlers in Generations as well. If they do not reduce the height of teens, I would like preteens in the game. That way their is not such a big height gap between children and teens. Teens in the game seem like older teens (16-19), who a lot of them are already fully grown. Younger teens (ages 13-15) are still growing for the most part. Also, please add bunk beds since they take up less space for larger households. Once we have cars in the game, I want teens parents to teach them how to drive a car. They can even go to drivers ed and get a learner's permit.

I want toddlers that are not attached to their cribs/toddler beds/playpens. I want toddlers that crawl/toddle around the house and get into all sorts of shenanigans. I want them to climb on furniture/objects. In TS2, toddlers were able to escape their cribs. I want that to come back please! Please make learning how to walk, talk, and use the potty optional. I often times found it tedious to teach my toddlers these skills. I would like to see toddler beds with a railing in this game since a lot of 2-3 year olds are already using a bed. I do want cribs as well. I also want to see strollers make a comeback! I do not want the invisible friend dolls. I found them annoying since the toddlers and children were constantly playing with them. I want toddlers to interact/babble with other toddlers. I want them to be able to steal bottles from each other as well. It would be cute if toddlers hugged other toddlers. I also want more interactions between children and toddlers. Children could help feed their younger brother/sister. They could assist their parents in changing their diaper. Like help by grabbing a diaper, baby wipes, and baby powder. Children could read to their toddler siblings. I also want toddlers to go to preschool for a few hours each day. I do not want rabbit hole preschools or preschool where toddlers just disappear to. I want the ability to go to school and preschool with my sims. I know they is a "Go to School" mod out there, but I don't like mods that affect my gameplay. I only like clothes, makeup, and hair custom content.

I want to teach my children sims how to read and ride a bike. I would like children to be able to use the easel in the game to paint pictures. Children should also be able to use a children's camera or disposable camera to learn how to take pictures. I want children to back talk their parents and pick fights with other children. Children should be able to get in trouble at school and get detention. Please bring back after school activities for children and teens. Some examples of after school activities could be art, martial arts, ballet, boy scouts/girl scouts, debate team, working on school newspaper/yearbook, sports club, music club, band/orchestra, nature club, recycle club, and choir.

What are some of your ideas for family play?
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• Options
    I also want them ball pits for toddlers and children to play in. Not the germ infected ones that are in the Playhouse at McDonalds. ANzz565.jpg?1

I also want children to be able to do puppet shows. Finger painting would be a fun activity for toddlers and children. A game of leap frog, musical chairs, and duck duck goose would be fun to play. Some toys could be puzzles, water guns, bubbles, silly putty, dolls, remote control cars/boats/planes. I also want wagons to be able to push my toddlers around in. Trikes would be fun for toddlers and bikes for children and older. I would like comic books for children and teens to read. We also need pretend kitchens for toddlers and children to use.

Please bring back the newspaper and magazines. We need more services such as Chinese takeout and 911. An example of an emergency could be child abduction. An Amber alert could be on TV, news sites, social media, and on the radio.

I would also like arcades and carnivals for the children. Kids could get their faces painted or get a balloon animal from a clown at a carnival. There could be games and amusement rides there.

Bring back waterslides and the diving board for pools. Also pool loungers would be great! And toddlers could wear floaties or a life jacket to go swimming as long as an adult or teen supervises them. A kiddie pool would also be fun for toddlers.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Please bring back the newspaper and magazines. We need more services such as Chinese takeout and 911. An example of an emergency could be child abduction. An Amber alert could be on TV, news sites, social media, and on the radio.

I think that kidnapping is against the rating. I once wanted an option to have basically a 'bride kidnapping' but people argued against it. I do wish some sims could be kidnapped (but not for bridal business) but it could make the game much more interesting. Hey if we had board games like Simoploy you could use that fake money to fool the kidnappers.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Aussie100 Aussie100 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="SimSwim2;832884"]I would love to see toddlers return in the game and teens that look like teens. I don't want adult height teens that wear the same clothes as their parents. I want teens that pull pranks, skip school, get in trouble, and break curfew. These features for teens may come in a Generations type EP. I hope for toddlers in Generations as well. If they do not reduce the height of teens, I would like preteens in the game. That way their is not such a big height gap between children and teens. Teens in the game seem like older teens (16-19), who a lot of them are already fully grown. Younger teens (ages 13-15) are still growing for the most part. Also, please add bunk beds since they take up less space for larger households. Once we have cars in the game, I want teens parents to teach them how to drive a car. They can even go to drivers ed and get a learner's permit.

I want toddlers that are not attached to their cribs/toddler beds/playpens. I want toddlers that crawl/toddle around the house and get into all sorts of shenanigans. I want them to climb on furniture/objects. In TS2, toddlers were able to escape their cribs. I want that to come back please! Please make learning how to walk, talk, and use the potty optional. I often times found it tedious to teach my toddlers these skills. I would like to see toddler beds with a railing in this game since a lot of 2-3 year olds are already using a bed. I do want cribs as well. I also want to see strollers make a comeback! I do not want the invisible friend dolls. I found them annoying since the toddlers and children were constantly playing with them. I want toddlers to interact/babble with other toddlers. I want them to be able to steal bottles from each other as well. It would be cute if toddlers hugged other toddlers. I also want more interactions between children and toddlers. Children could help feed their younger brother/sister. They could assist their parents in changing their diaper. Like help by grabbing a diaper, baby wipes, and baby powder. Children could read to their toddler siblings. I also want toddlers to go to preschool for a few hours each day. I do not want rabbit hole preschools or preschool where toddlers just disappear to. I want the ability to go to school and preschool with my sims. I know they is a "Go to School" mod out there, but I don't like mods that affect my gameplay. I only like clothes, makeup, and hair custom content.

I want to teach my children sims how to read and ride a bike. I would like children to be able to use the easel in the game to paint pictures. Children should also be able to use a children's camera or disposable camera to learn how to take pictures. I want children to back talk their parents and pick fights with other children. Children should be able to get in trouble at school and get detention. Please bring back after school activities for children and teens. Some examples of after school activities could be art, martial arts, ballet, boy scouts/girl scouts, debate team, working on school newspaper/yearbook, sports club, music club, band/orchestra, nature club, recycle club, and choir.

What are some of your ideas for family play?[/quote]
  • Options
    Yeah i would love to see The Sims 4 Generations with toddlers and teens that looks like actual teens :smiley:)
  • Options
    I was expecting the Sims 4 to be exactly like the Sims 3 but only better in the gameplay i really do hope they make generation and i hope tgey change there minds and bring toddlers back in the game i think if they do that they would make more money because everyobe loves toddlers and they wore one of the best parts in the game they brought back the swimming pools why cant they bring back toddlers ?
  • Options
    kdrommelkdrommel Posts: 5 New Member
    I would personally like to see afterschool activities and maybe even a few new part time jobs!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I thought I had posted in a thread like this before. Anyway I basically want all the toddler interactions the Sims 2 ones had including how they interacted with weather and pets. I would love if toddlers could interact with seasons more like jump in leaf piles, make snow angels, play with puddles in the rain, and play with sand and make mud pies. I want them to be kind of naughty but sweet like Rugrats and be able to escape from cribs again. I would love if they could go down stairs once they learn how to walk and slide down stairs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I thought I had posted in a thread like this before. Anyway I basically want all the toddler interactions the Sims 2 ones had including how they interacted with weather and pets. I would love if toddlers could interact with seasons more like jump in leaf piles, make snow angels, play with puddles in the rain, and play with sand and make mud pies. I want them to be kind of naughty but sweet like Rugrats and be able to escape from cribs again. I would love if they could go down stairs once they learn how to walk and slide down stairs.

I agree with all the toddler interactions especially the ones related to seasons. Toddlers seemed limited on what they could do in TS2 and TS3. I also want toddlers to be able to slide down slides. I think there should be baby gates in the game to prevent toddlers from going on stairs. I also want baby swings, a playpen and a baby monitor. We also need more toys for toddlers and children such as bath toys, toy keys, easy puzzles, bubbles, baby blankets, puppets, dolls, and toy trains.
  • Options
    I would also like the return of teen parties while their parents go on vacation. Parents going on vacation could teach teens some responsibility or they could get into a lot of trouble. I always liked throwing teen parties in TS3 Generations.

Also, please bring back midlife crisis for adults. I want my adult sims to change careers, move houses, take a vacation, divorce their husband/wife, buy an expensive sports car, etc. while they are having a midlife crisis.

Please bring back flaming poo (from TS2) if a date goes wrong. It was a hilarious prank to give that certain someone who broke your sims delicate heart.

I would also like the return of boarding schools for children and teens. It gives their parents a break especially in a larger households of 6-8 sims. I would like boarding schools to be open schools that you could follow kids/teens to. It would be similar to Get to Work only that it would be a boarding school instead. If a sim gets bad grades their should be an option to send them to military school like what happened in TS2.

I would also like the return of colleges for young adult sims. This could come in TS4 University/University Life EP.
  • Options
    Jen_CharltonJen_Charlton Posts: 69 Member
    I have posted a similar post, love all the ideas. I noticed it was mentioned have older teen group 16-19, I think young adults should be this category, or 16-21 ish at the moment I feel they just extend the adult life span.