Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game doesn't start

Every time I click the play button, the prompt for a required update comes up. I keep clicking update to see if it might change, but it's obviously not changing anything. When I take origin offline and click the play button, another prompt comes up telling me to make sure origin is running in order to play The Sims. I used to be able to play with origin offline and when origin is online, it keeps asking for the same update over and over again.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    if your stuck in the origin loop the only way to get rid of that is to uninstall and reinstall origin
  • Options
    zrehdersblasco14161zrehdersblasco14161 Posts: 5 New Member
    Does that mean I'd have to reinstall the game or just origin?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Just Origin.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I uninstalled and reinstalled origin and the update problem still hasn't gone away.
  • Options
    bectilbectil Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the same problem as zrehdersblasco14161! How do you uninstall Origin?
  • Options
    If you're on pc you uninstall by going to "control panel" and click "uninstall programs". There's a list of programs on your computer and you select one, then click uninstall. That's how I did it anyway, but it still didn't work so I don't think that's the solution.
  • Options
    plantghostplantghost Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm having the same issue and uninstalling/reinstalling Origin didn't help me either. It will tell me a critical update is necessary before I can play the game, so I click update and it'll go through the updating sequence, but only for about a second or two, and then it'll tell me the game is up to date, but when I try and press play, the same thing happens over and over again.
  • Options
    I spoke to someone in EA Customer Service. They helped me a lot. They said to run origin in admin mode (right click the origin logo and select run as administrator) then right click The Sims 4 and select Repair Game. Then it'll run a repair and you won't have the "Game Update Available" label on your game. Good luck.
  • Options
    plantghostplantghost Posts: 25 Member
    That fixed the issue for me! Thank you! :#
  • Options
    bectilbectil Posts: 2 New Member
    Same here, thankyou :)