Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make alien abductions optional

There needs to be an option that allows me to disable alien abductions. My Sim was sleeping and all of a sudden he woke up to go see "strange" lights outside. I couldn't stop him and he got abducted and it annoys me because the story I had made for him did not include him getting impregnated by and alien.

I think that when this occurs there should be a pop-up that notifies you about the strange lights and whether you want you Sim to investigate. That way an alien baby isn't forced on me and if I ever make a Sim that I do want to have an alien baby I'll still have that option available.

Comments

• Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Make abduction optional. That sentence seems contradictory to itself. :D

I agree, though. I like your idea of having a pop-up that asks if your sim wants to investigate the lights. I guess it wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Yes, I'd say so too, this is something I don't really want to have in my game. But I was lucky so far and didn't have a single encounter with aliens in The Sims 4 up to now (in TS3 it happened to me only once, ha).

But I'm paranoid enough that I'm saving twice during a Sim day, so should it ever happen I'd revert back to the previous save ;)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yes, I would very much like the option to remove aliens from my game entirely. As for abductions, I am not happy for nonconsensual goings on that result in offspring. The human race uses a shorter word.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    MaddygrifMaddygrif Posts: 6 New Member
    I suppose this would be good, but isn't there an option (after you've had the baby) to send it back to it's home world?
  • Options
    LibertycrystalLibertycrystal Posts: 37 Member
    > @OmarSPiedra said:
    > There needs to be an option that allows me to disable alien abductions. My Sim was sleeping and all of a sudden he woke up to go see "strange" lights outside. I couldn't stop him and he got abducted and it annoys me because the story I had made for him did not include him getting impregnated by and alien.
    >
    > I think that when this occurs there should be a pop-up that notifies you about the strange lights and whether you want you Sim to investigate. That way an alien baby isn't forced on me and if I ever make a Sim that I do want to have an alien baby I'll still have that option available.

Yeah, it's annoying when they get pregnant and you didn't even want them to MEET the aliens in the first place, let alone get pregnant!