Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't purchase anything from store anymore

poppetje33poppetje33 Posts: 18 New Member
:( Sorry for the poor English:
I installed the UC en start playing. The sims 2 is an amazing game and i was very happy playing it. The first sim i played with was able to buy clothes, groceries, everything. I downloaded some clothes, skin and make up from MTS and didn't had no problems.

The day after i created an other sim en downloaded more clothes from MTS. I couldn't purchase anything in the shop anymore. I looked al over the internet, i fallowed the MTS guide : took out mod and neighborhood folder, started up my game, same problem. Change name of UC file so the game could make a new file, started up my game, same problem. Game repair and updates, same problem.

Getting desperate i DELETED Sims 2 UC ad reinstalled it. Start all over without any Mods, my sims still can't buy anything from stores! :'(

Did other simmers have/had this problem? I really need some help please. I have not even started a family with kids yet and i am a family player.

(i'm new to the Sims 2 but i love it already! I love the details in the game. I love the fact that you have to go and BUY clothes and don't find everything in your closet. Even how the sims are preparing there food is very detailed ! This is what i was looking for in the Sims 3)

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

When you say they can't buy from the stores, do you mean the community lots?

What happens?
    Is there a Sim at the register?
    Can you not click on the objects, like the clothes rake, to buy something?
    Are you sure they have the money?
    Have you tried all the lots that sell objects?

What are your Sims trying to buy?
  • Options
    Hi, thank you for the response

Yes, i mean from the community lots. There are sims at the register and my sims have enough money.
    I tried in different neighbourhoods and swith to different families. I can click on the objects and even choose clothes but de buy option button stays grey. And when you click on the clothes the price stays 0.
    I tried to buy groceries, clicked on a fridge in the store but couldn't buy, the price stays 0 and the button grey.

The only thing i bought without problems was a magazine.

I find it strange that yesterday there was no problem. Even fixing and reinstalling the game didn't help ( i made sure that everything from the UC was deleted before i reinstalled it).
    This is my only problem, the gameplay is great, no lagging and freezing. Grafics are perfect.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Did you move the downloads folder? Even after reinstalling, did you delete or move the save files in Documents?
  • Options
    yes i removed everything . I didn't put back the mods folder after reinstalling. I started with a fresh game.
  • Options
    Omg, i'm such a nub :D ! I didn't click the shopping cart symbol to put the item's in my shopping cart. Rflong7 thank you for your time i wasted ;) . This topic can close.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Glad it's been solved!

PS: Your English is fine :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    Don't feel bad. I've been playing sims 2 for 10 yrs and there are still times when I forget to push the shopping cart button. lol

Glad your issue is solved though. Have fun! :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I also had to get rid of my copy of UC and go back to my old discs. The trouble I was having was that the menus in their interactions would not allow me to use the "more" interaction so I could get at some of the other interactions. Each time I clicked it, it did nothing. So I'm back to the old discs and using graphicrule maker, which saved the game for me. I think for some of us, UC won't work on our computers for some reason.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8