Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug Issue: Dissapearing Kitchen Appliances

It's back! After switching to another house and coming back, my microwave, coffee pot, and tea maker disappeared. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong? Can it be fixed? Please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    MsDupreeMsDupree Posts: 68 Member
    My tea maker keeps disappearing also. I have to buy a new one nearly everyday.
    signature_1_zpsta4lsuge.gif

• Options
    seminaricardoseminaricardo Posts: 244 Member
    @MsDupree, I knew there was something wrong. This never happened before this latest patch for me. I remember it happening earlier when the game was out, then it was fixed. It's back again.
  • Options
    Exactly, it never happened to me either. But as soon as I upgraded to GTW, things just started disappearing. They can't be found in my home inventory folder either, so I usually end up wasting simoleans on buying replacement items. It's frustrating to say the least.

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    My tea maker disappeared recently too.... I had this problem before and never knew why, but yea, it just happened again
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    My coffee and tea pots disappear every time i come back from my scientist's shift at work.
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Have you all already tried removing mods, clearing your cache, and repairing the game? Are you playing with bb.moveobjects on or did you (or the builder) use it to place the affected items?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    i don't have any mods. I don't know what bb.moveobjects is so I'm gonna go with no. I just repaired my game due to a different bug. I will try emptying my cache folder and see if that does me any good. :)
  • Options
    avengedavenged Posts: 4 New Member
    - Did you place them using Move Objects? Sometimes when you place things with that cheat and come back to the game at a later date, they will disappear because the game automatically processes it as an incorrect placing and gets rid of them. This was an issue I used to have, but it may have been fixed.
    - Have you checked your family inventory?
    - Do you have a maid?

If they're just disappearing like 'that', it could be a bug, but whenever something like this happens to me, it's usually because of one of the three reasons above.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I keep loading my game to find loads of items missing to :/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hmm...I think your maids may have been stealing from you ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

i don't use cheats except the money ones very rarely. They are not in the family inventory or the sims either. Yes I do have maid, which is kinda funny because my maids used be bugged and would never show up but that seems to be fixed! ;)
  • Options
    > @pageybear said:
    > i don't use cheats except the money ones very rarely. They are not in the family inventory or the sims either. Yes I do have maid, which is kinda funny because my maids used be bugged and would never show up but that seems to be fixed! ;)

Hmm, I have a maid too....... maybe they are on to something. Rogue maids, those thieving good for nothings are stealing our stuff!!! :p

• Options
    seminaricardoseminaricardo Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hrmmmm, I have a maid too. I would always suspect why he would listen to our kitchen table conversations and stay in the kitchen most of the time...even after all the things have been cleaned and organized. Hrmmmmm indeed.

I don't have any custom content or use any cheats, although I do have the "More than 8 Sims" Mod.
  • Options
    Stealing somone's coffee pot is just such a vicious crime. I can't imagine wandering into the kitchen to brew my morning coffee and bwam! no pot! :P
  • Options
    Ikr? It's so heinous! Perhaps, I should make one of my sims a detective so they can investigate this matter.

• Options
    SimPammieSimPammie Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't think it's the maid. It happens to me in households that don't have maid service.