Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shelfs, Come on EA, you know you want to...

I love collecting and displaying gems, metals and bug in Sims 3 but have one problem... I want shelfs, just 3 rows of wood, glass or plastic with 3-4 slots for gems/metal/bugs on them would be great! (Or any other type!) (Also you could have a shelfing tool where you could choose how many rows you want and drag them along a wall, have them going round corners and stuff)

Also they should be able to be put over kitchen units/Tables and you could have home grown fruit on them.

You could make a gardening shed and be able to buy bags that can hold 10/15/20/25 seeds depending o the size that you bought, you could then put those on the shelfs.

If you could put them over desks keep books on them!
Shelfs would be amazing, you could use them for EVERYTHING!!!

Any other ideas/support?
Please leave a comment.

Bring them out in S3 world adventures. Please EA, I beg you!

Comments

• Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2009
    Come on guys, what do you think?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 689 Member
    edited October 2009
    Yes, yes, yes!! This is what we need. I was hoping we would get this with the new expansion pack - as Bon Voyage was when we got the terrific souvenir shelf. Maybe they are working on this?? I do hope so. Shelving would help out alot.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited October 2009
    Shelves would be good. They existed in The Sims 2 and were quite useful. But I disagree with a shelf maker, they're not needed. As long as EA developers make a wide range of sizes for the shelves, it won't be needed and then again, a shelf maker would take up alot of creating time, for such a small and possibly insignificant feature.
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited October 2009
    Shelving for butterflies & insects are not really needed, because they do stack very well, and leave a small footprint in the rooms they are displayed. So I give EA a big thumbs up for them.

Books & bookshelves system is also very well done.

Metals can be stacked on the floor 15 high, an excellent system.

Now, when it comes to gems, this is where shelving is sorely needed, and I agree with jtedit. I am currently using the best system I can by using 10 coffee tables for my gem collection.

There are 10 types of gems x 8 types of cuts= 80 gems to display. A coffee table holds 8 gems, so I use 10 coffee tables for my storage & display of a total of 80 gems. 1 for each type of gem x 8 cuts. Each coffee table holding a type of gem.

This does take up a lot of room in the house. Shelving that holds 8 gems each would be a very nice thing to have. Then I could have 10 shelves against the walls, instead of 10 coffee tables dominating the floor space.

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Yes, it is mainly needed for gems. But at the same time if EA are going to make shelfs they may as well make it so books, seeds, bugs, fish bowls etc can be put u there to.

(also thinking of fish bowls, could we hava 2 by 1 glass container that stands on the floor. It could then hold like, 10-15 fish, that would be great too:D)

• Options
    edited October 2009
    GommeInc wrote:
    ...But I disagree with a shelf maker, they're not needed. As long as EA developers make a wide range of sizes for the shelves, it won't be needed and then again, a shelf maker would take up alot of creating time, for such a small and possibly insignificant feature.

I sort of agree with you there on 2nd thoughts, but shelfs should be able to be joined up(like kitchin units) and go round corners and things. Also they should deffinatly be re-colourable with create-a-style.