Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

with your screenshots ...

didn't know which category this goes into ... but ... i am a fan of reading and following stories ...

to all of you simmers that takes screenshots of sims ... what is your process work?

mine is ... taking screenshots then opening it in photoshop, do some cropping, brighten /adjust images.
do you use actions? if so, please share!

i want to know everyone's processes and how you make it work! :)

we could make a resource list - like actions, and stuff ...

Comments

• Options
    RoseChickTmRoseChickTm Posts: 56 New Member
    I personally took screenshots in TS3 and TS2 with the pose player and everything, but I haven't played around with Sims 4 yet, except for a few CAS poses I downloaded which didn't really require much editing. I used Photoshop CC for my old screenshots, I would also use Gimp sometimes but I personally prefer Photoshop. :)
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I edit in Picasa
    Shadow and highlight
    Then colour temperature and fill light if necessary
    Sharpen a tad
    a bit of a glow.
    (up to here is completely necessary, but I've started doing more for the most part, but I will not do less than that)
    Orton-ish filter and HDR-ish filter in very specific and not very strong settings
    I then upload to google plus and add a vintage filter. If I feel it's necessary I do more adjustments there like contrast, colour temp, saturation.

That is my current process, it changes sometimes though. I also have a set of effects specifically for scenery screenshots too, so I don't use it as often and I forget what all is in it now. I think it ditches the orton-ish filter and uses a strong HDR-ish filter.

I feel like I have some kind of problem. Haha. I used to hate editing screenshots at all, and now I have like a million adjustments and filters I have to use. XD
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    I always enjoyed taking screenshots from TS2/3 and using Photoshop (or Gimp) to manipulate the image to fit my mind's eye version of it. It was good practice cutting and pasting and cleaning up the image.
    I learned a lot about the editing tools this way. Personally, I love the smudge tool best. :)

examples:
    TS2%20Easter.jpg
    dfa255c0-16b9-41ff-be21-5e1f5ed7088f.jpg
    DreamoftheSimparrot_zps56b66ecd.png
    Screenshot-70-1.jpg
    cc201cde.jpg
  • Options
    TheRealSimzFanatikTheRealSimzFanatik Posts: 118 Member
    My favourite program to use is Paintshop Pro, though I have to admit that I really haven't done anything with The Sims 4. I used to blog about my legacy families in The Sims 2 and 3 and I unfortunately gave it up for a while. I'm going to get back into storytelling with my Sims again, I've decided to try a couple of challenges and blog them
  • Options
    smartcat_101smartcat_101 Posts: 253 Member
    I use Photoshop CS5
    Mostly to soften, brighten or erase embarrassing sims in the background.
    For some I add a border etc.

Here are some examples:

top_deck_by_ladysmartcat-d8ha3do.jpg

screenshot_337_by_ladysmartcat-d8h51b5.jpg

screenshot_45_by_ladysmartcat-d8h50uh.jpg
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    solarstorm wrote: »
    didn't know which category this goes into ... but ... i am a fan of reading and following stories ...

to all of you simmers that takes screenshots of sims ... what is your process work?

mine is ... taking screenshots then opening it in photoshop, do some cropping, brighten /adjust images.
    do you use actions? if so, please share!

i want to know everyone's processes and how you make it work! :)

we could make a resource list - like actions, and stuff ...

My method is pretty much the same. I use Photoshop CS3 or Photoshop CC. Sometimes I'll make it black and white, or add a haze or matte finish. Once and I while I'll use an action from Pure Photoshop Actions - They're kind of spendy but a couple times a year they have a sale. Their actions are amazing! I use them all the time on my photography.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png