Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Do Homework" for kids/teens off lot

I don't know if this has been suggested already but I think the kids/teens need a command to 'do homework' when the parents are off lot (such as at work in an active career). We can tell them to take care of their needs, to socialize, to work on skills and even to 'tend garden'. We need a 'do homework' command too.
moxiegraphix on Origin

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    +1 for every kid I've played :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd like my sims to be able to "do homework" command at school
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'd like my sims to be able to "do homework" command at school

Yes, that too. And/or a 'work on late homework' command. Usually my kids can get it done but it would be nice if they could work on their homework while my sim is still at work so there's more time to socialize once mom or dad gets home.

And, yes, I know it's not 100% necessary but I like for my kids to get good grades and most of my kids will do it autonomously (even extra credit).
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This -- I've been trying to get my scientist to do enough of his tasks to get to the top third of the performance meter by 3pm so I can leave him there and get home to have the kids do their homework and have dinner (fortunately Mom's a Fresh Chef and I usually spend many of her days off cooking food ahead of time so there are lots of leftovers in the fridge), otherwise they're studying and eating in that short window between when Dad gets home at 7pm and bedtime.

On a related note, how about bringing back "Do Homework With..." so when Sims bring home a friend they can study together? Doing homework with another Sim would increase the Fun and Social needs as well as getting the work done, maybe a slight decrease in the time taken to finish.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Yes! I am glad adults can help both teens and kids with homework (and teens, I believe, can help kids). Being able to do homework with would also be great for siblings.

Honestly, I enjoy the kids so much more in TS4 than I did in TS3, but there are still spots that could use improvement. Homework is one of them.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    xena311xena311 Posts: 51 Member
    Oh definitely.