May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with stairs

I am faking a walkout basement home (plum-it, EA, give us terrain tools!) and I can't seem to get these stairs right. I have the first floor on a foundation so that I can have my nice porch around the front and side of the house, but it is the deck I can'f figure out. I know I have seen someone link how to do it before, but a search could not find it. I can make stairs from the deck to the 'ground' (the bottom of the foundation), and from there to the basement floor, but I can't get those two stair segments to attach. Ideally, I would like one long staircase. HELP!

04-27-15_6-08nbspPM_zpsmmvjtioj.png
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sorry I can't help :(
    How did you do the lower level?

It looks really beautiful :)
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Have you tried perhaps removing the foundation, placing the stairs then rebuilding the foundation?!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Sorry I can't help :(
    How did you do the lower level?

It looks really beautiful :)

I made a giant basement the size of the entire yard then removed the roof. I tried to hide the edges with a wall covering that kind of looks like a backyard fence. I hate it, I would rather use a terrain tool to make a hill, but, this is the best we have for now.
    Have you tried perhaps removing the foundation, placing the stairs then rebuilding the foundation?!

I will try that right now. I tried putting the ceiling back on the basement hoping it would automatically put the stairs all the way down, but I got an error saying stairs cannot intersect foundations.
  • Options
    Meh, I can't get it to work, so I changed it a little. I don't like the loss of space under the deck, but oh well. If anyone still finds that link, it would still be appreciated.

04-27-15_6-34nbspPM_zpsqs3zpyia.png

I just noticed you can see my little red farm house across the street! I love building my entire neighborhood!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Meh, I can't get it to work, so I changed it a little. I don't like the loss of space under the deck, but oh well. If anyone still finds that link, it would still be appreciated.

04-27-15_6-34nbspPM_zpsqs3zpyia.png

I just noticed you can see my little red farm house across the street! I love building my entire neighborhood!
    I like it ^^
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Beautiful house!
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll post pics when it is done. Right now I am fighting the roof. I have a beautiful curved porch, and NO CURVED ROOF PIECES?! Come on, EA! Didn't any of you guys talk to each other when you were designing this thing?!

04-27-15_7-24nbspPM-2_zpssschv1td.png

I've tried messing with the different hipped roofs, but I could get no sort of curve out of it. I am thinking of giving up on the pretty round porch and just square it off. This is by far the most ambitious build I have ever done. I have been at it for hours, and I have not even done anything inside but block out a few rooms!
  • Options
    Gamerchix74Gamerchix74 Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2015
    You did a great job @Piperbird1 Love it!
    If you are secure within yourself you will never feel the need to attack anyone
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2015
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I am faking a walkout basement home (plum-it, EA, give us terrain tools!) and I can't seem to get these stairs right. I have the first floor on a foundation so that I can have my nice porch around the front and side of the house, but it is the deck I can'f figure out. I know I have seen someone link how to do it before, but a search could not find it. I can make stairs from the deck to the 'ground' (the bottom of the foundation), and from there to the basement floor, but I can't get those two stair segments to attach. Ideally, I would like one long staircase. HELP!

04-27-15_6-08nbspPM_zpsmmvjtioj.png

I just made a house with a walk out basement and I struggled with this exact thing during my build, if anyone figures it out I would love to know. I did not find a solution to connect the foundation stairs to the stairs to the ground and it bothered me so much that I scrapped the entire deck over the walkout and used 2 sets of stairs coming from the ground level, like your brown stairs, as well as an interior stair case. Here's some pics of my walkout so you can check it out.

FX22jeA.png
    1SgmOf6.png

• Options
    SarahthewriterSarahthewriter Posts: 16 New Member
    Oh wow! That is a beautiful home/yard area <3
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Awesome houses @Piperbird1 and @ShadyLady_DQ ! You both have done such a great job considering the limitations.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2015
    @joleaco Thank you so much! My house in the pics can be found on the Gallery, it's called Barondale or search my Origin ID Love_Wasaabi

Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/2D2BB883EC9711E48E0D74782C4318E8?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=barondale&max=25

You can also check out the interior and more of the exterior on my build showcase thread. It's CC and mod free and it has perfect plants and a rare fishing pond!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13577071#Comment_13577071

Edited to add gallery link
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Wow, it's huuuuuuge @ShadyLady_DQ , we so desperately need more room in this game to place these lovely houses.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »
    Awesome houses @Piperbird1 and @ShadyLady_DQ ! You both have done such a great job considering the limitations.

Thank you! I still have an insane amount of work to do on it. I have finished the library and study - both of which I was so happy with I put them on the gallery. I have never shared rooms before! I have a few bathrooms done, and started on the master bedroom, but I don't even have the entire second floor or basement blocked out yet! And I have so many ideas for landscaping. I hope to get it done tonight after work, but I have a feeling this build will take a few days.