Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Do Something About the Maid Service

According to Origin, I have 570 hours of playtime logged in The Sims 4. One of the most frustrating aspects of the game is the maid service. The maids will come only Monday through Friday, arrive around 10 AM and leave at 2 PM. They leave even if they are not finished cleaning the house.

This is a huge problem when you have a family of 7 or 8 sims, almost all of whom have a career. I count on the maids to keep the house reasonably clean while I work on my sim's career goals and whims. The fact that they won't come over the weekend makes matters even worse. The weekend is often the best time for a career sim to host a social event. A large party on Saturday means my sims spend all of Sunday cleaning - forget going to the park or anywhere else, there's just no time.

And when the maids do bother to show up, they spend fully half of their time standing around doing nothing at all. They might take out the trash, then spend the next 15 sim-minutes standing in front of the garbage can, looking around. Or they clean a counter in the kitchen, then just stand there some more. That wouldn't be a problem if they stayed until the house was clean, but again, they leave at 2 PM, no matter what.

This is honestly sucking the enjoyment out of the game for me. I don't want to play The Sims just to clean my sim's house, yet I spend a good part of every day doing so. Please extend the time the maids will stay during the week, and allow for maid service over the weekend, even if it has to cost extra.

Comments

• Options
    crazyandmecrazyandme Posts: 40 Member
    You're lucky the maids only show up to my sim's house once a week because idk I'm guessing a bug??? It's sucks tho!
    tumblr_mm34vt8gfQ1sovfs2o1_400_zps3dl6oe1h.gif
  • Options
    AskyriaAskyria Posts: 7 New Member
    You have to turn off the auto-return maid feature and call them every single morning for a "one-time" cleaning, otherwise they won't come.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah maids need some tweaking. I guess they are more like burglars than actual maids since they steal things a lot and don't tend to clean much.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TasaarTasaar Posts: 64 Member
    My maid always shows up, and then he stands there thinking about philosophy for a couple of hours, then he goes home in the middle of the night.

He usually does the dishes before that though.
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    The maid service was very reliable before Sims 4-how did it get so borked? I can't even get the one-time maid to show anymore.
  • Options
    AurnaAurna Posts: 37 Member
    I have yet to see a maid, tried booking one reocurring and a single visit neither show. Feels like it was a rush edit in instead of something done properly.
    Origin ID: Aurna
    Simblr: Aurna's Sims :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I had a maid once... Unfortunately, I was too busy standing around waiting for the non existent fire men and she got burned alive.

--T
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm having issues with the pizza delivery too. Why can't these NPCs work right? The caterer doesn't always want to make a cake for the party either and doesn't want to cook. It's annoying when maids don't want to do their job either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I would suggest moving this to the Bugs forum. The maid is very much bugged.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AurnaAurna Posts: 37 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm having issues with the pizza delivery too. Why can't these NPCs work right? The caterer doesn't always want to make a cake for the party either and doesn't want to cook. It's annoying when maids don't want to do their job either.

Actually that reminds me that when hosting an event the Caterer/Mixologist etc never do the actual role they have turned up for, Party Animals!

Origin ID: Aurna
    Simblr: Aurna's Sims :)
  • Options
    dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    Yes, the maid service can be frustrating. I see a maid comes, then goes into kids room to play with toys, then just stands in place, then cleans couple of dishes, and that would be it. Also, scheduled maid comes from Monday to Friday just for one week, and then I never see her again, so I have to cancel scheduled maid, and hire it again, if I want the service to continue. But maybe it depends on the personality of a maid. I will also love to see the maids are actual characters in the game, because most of the time, when my Sims befriend a maid, they don't have her in their contact lists.
  • Options
    mrs.dogmamrs.dogma Posts: 111 Member
    I too have this problem with the services. I hired a caterer for a wedding and they never made a cake. My sim had to do it at her own wedding. Then I didn't get the first slice that I needed for the task list. I really hope they do a major fix on the game. So many elements are buggy. The inventory is a big one for me since I love to go around and collect everything, and I do a lot of gardening.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    mrs.dogma wrote: »
    I too have this problem with the services. I hired a caterer for a wedding and they never made a cake. My sim had to do it at her own wedding. Then I didn't get the first slice that I needed for the task list. I really hope they do a major fix on the game. So many elements are buggy. The inventory is a big one for me since I love to go around and collect everything, and I do a lot of gardening.

One of the things you don't get told when you're wedding planning is that caterers aren't wedding-cake bakers. You need to do that one yourself. You can bake it in advance and bring it in your inventory.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mrs.dogmamrs.dogma Posts: 111 Member
    Ahhh, see I had no idea. That would have been a good thing to know ahead of time. Thanks @luthienrising
  • Options
    kaw28kaw28 Posts: 7 New Member
    l also have a lot of problem with maid service, it's just F......k it's not working can the producers do something about it.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    my maid doesn't even come everyday...i'm lucky enough to see the maid there once a week
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    The one time I attempted to use the Maid service, my Sim called on a Friday and was told the maid would arrive on Monday. On the Saturday I took him to a community lot and when he arrived home I received a message telling me that the maid had been while my Sim was away from the lot! How is that supposed to work? They don't work Saturdays!
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?