Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to skip tasks for Scientist?

The only things popping up seem to be gossiping with co-workers or using the sim-ray on them to death. I'd like to do actual scientist stuff like use the microscope, invent etc... I like scientist career, but this is frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    WhimsyMoonWhimsyMoon Posts: 120 Member
    It gets a bit better as you go up in levels....though you still get the option to change everyone's clothes. I wish they had you work on the rocket a bit more. I do like that you get to boss your co-workers around!!!
  • Options
    Bumblebee26200Bumblebee26200 Posts: 239 Member
    It's like that for all the careers - you gotta work your way up, starting with the seemingly useless and menial tasks :)
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I wish there was a way to skip & have it refresh a new task to replace it!
    Some of the task are so boring, useless, repetitive - no fun...

If I were to "quit" the scientist career, & come back later sometime to it,
    would I lose my levels, etc, and have to start from the beginning? :/
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    When my Sim scientist died, she was level 8. I brought her back as a playable ghost and got her job back and she was put at level 5. Her number of breakthroughs remained the same, though, so it didn't take long to get back to 8.

I agree that having to SimRay co-workers all the time is tedious, but I do like using the "clean" function on family members to make my own live-in maid since maids still don't work right. :)
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought about using the SimRay at home! My scientist sim has a less than ambitious teen at home....I'm seeing a cleaning skill in this young sims future!
  • Options
    @cchant86 How did your sim die? Did they die at work? The sample table almost took my scientist out!
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2015
    @WhimsyMoon At one point my Sim did die at work (old age) and it caused the game to freeze, so I restarted, sent her home early from work, let her die on her home lot, which worked okay--although Grim did cause the game to freeze for a little bit after he swung his scythe--a glitch I have since learned is related to having large personal inventories, which as a Scientist you usually have, but the game didn't crash, it just sort of hung there for a few Sim hours then finally went back to normal.

After she died, I waited for her ghost to show up, socialized with her and invited her to rejoin the family, at which point she was able to get her job back. Now at least I don't have to worry about her dying at work anymore. It also means I can run her to the ground at work and not worry that she'll die of some emotional death either. :smiley: