Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did anyone else get their sims abducted?

My sims in the science career. His level 10 rocket science, traveled to sixam.. His befriended/romantic with an alien and has had kids. But not yet been abducted. I want cute little alien babies.. Why wouldn't this sim get abducted? His also got the satellite disc and I've even pressed contact aliens twice. Help?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    I just had one as my sim was outside working on her rocket ship. I had gone a while without having an abduction at all.
    To be honest, TS2 abductions were much better and funnier.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Yeah.. Sims 2 abduction were better because you can cheat on the telescope thing.. This is more annoying now.
  • Options
    nonaunononauno Posts: 14 New Member
    use the dish to contact alien's daily? think I used it for around a week before they started showing up regularly and abducting sims.
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    Same here. No alien abductions... ever. :(
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Since they patched the game I have no alien abductions. Before I had too many and now I am not having any at all. Even with the satellite switched to communicate with aliens I haven't had any.

When GTW first came out I went days without any abductions then all the sudden someone in every household I was playing in the rotation was getting abducted and having alien babies. I do not know what triggered it. It was happening a lot. One male Sim just got back from the hospital because he had delivered alien twins and got abducted before he could enter the house. He got pregnant again and had had twins.

Now I get nothing but it's okay because almost all the kids born in this save are aliens! It's fun to send them to the dresser and disguise them then go play a non-alien family. When the normal Sims discover that they are aliens it's kind of funny.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I did before they patched to reduce the chance. Twice with the same sim.. Maxed out rocket science, logic, and only lvl 2 scientist at the time. Just a guess going off of previous sim games but I think logic skill can help.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    tiredraventiredraven Posts: 15 New Member
    Sims 4 abductions are a little strange imho. I have one little scientist who has now been abducted twice, and it was within a sim week, I think. First time it was after using the dish - I'm going to forget the name of it, but the one you invent in the Scientist career. She turned it on that day at work, left it at work, went home, took care of needs, etc. When she went to bed that night she autonomously got up at like 2 AM and wandered into her backyard to get abducted, but was home in time for work the next morning, though a little worse for the wear. Next abduction was soon thereafter, but no cause, as far as I can tell? Or at least no direct correlation. And same routine with randomly waking up in the middle of the night, standing in her backyard and looking at the pretty little light, and then popping away. Although if I remember correctly, soon after the second abduction they had an "alien invasion" at the Science building. That was pretty fun, actually.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I havent had an abduction since the patch but before, I moved a CAS created alien into my house and used the two cheats that unlock the satellite. Then I contacted aliens, which brought over 6 or 7 aliens and then the next night my male sim was abducted and it happened 4 more times after that! My household has a lot of aliens in it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    I had a female sim In the science career and she got abducted on the 3rd day. She did theorize about aliens a couple times. She had red hair.... I only mention the hair because someone told me red haired sims got abducted.... I have no idea if there is any truth in that. My sim didn't have any skills before getting the scientist job.