Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

career unlocks cant be placed in police station

The career unlocked rewards, which are in the inventory of build/buy of my detective sim will not place on lot. Build option is greyed out as it should be, so I thought I'd use the freebuild cheat and then just place them in the station, but a message came up saying that inventory items cannot be placed in freebuild...so how can I use them? they are police items so they'd look silly at my home lot--am I doing something wrong or are they just meant to be sold as an income boost? When I played a scientist, the build mode was always active, I didn't need a cheat to enable it.

Comments

• Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's just to "make your home look like work", as Carl's Sims Guide put it :p Wasn't there something in the initial EP description to the likes of "jailing" your teen Sims because of bad grades? I don't quite remember but to me that seemed pretty funny, at least in theory.
    So I guess selling the rewards as an income boost as you mentioned sounds like a good idea.
    Well, unless, I'm still thinking about turning my detective into some kind of crazy vigilante who has an in-home prison or something.
    Oh well ;)
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    Ah, I see--thanks for the help....guess I'll just sell them.