Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store keeps 're-setting'

Hello everyone, I'm experiencing some problems with my retail store.

I built my store on an empty lot next door to my sims house. Every morning they get up and travel to the store to open up for the day, they run the shop together and at the end of the day they go home.

When they get home, the time is reset to the time that they left the house in the morning just like it used to when visiting another lot in The Sims 2. When they return to the store the next day, everything is just as it was when they first opened the store. All the shelves are empty, the retail perks points are gone...it's like the previous day never happened!

What am I doing wrong? Can't I take both sims from my household to run the store together? Does one of them have to stay at home?

Comments

• Options
    Domino5Domino5 Posts: 4 New Member
    Same thing started happening to me today. It was working fine yesterday. This issue is giving me flashbacks to the Groundhog Day movie.
  • Options
    vagsemenvagsemen Posts: 1 New Member
    Something very similar is happening to me, although my Sims live on my retail lot. I can play the game for a while, send Sims to work and run the retail store, but when I try to create new outfits for mannequins or my Sims the time of day resets to before I had done anything, changing the store but not any of the Sims, so my Sims can be stuck at work for long periods of time unless I bring them home manually which isn't a huge issue. However it is frustrating that time resets itself and the store does too so any paintings made by one of my Sims and any changes made to the store change to being non-existent. I really enjoy playing with this family but if this glitch keeps happening I am going to end up giving up on them. I think also because of this time resetting glitch, my Doctor Sim was stuck at the hospital when it wasn't even a day of work for him which was really annoying.
  • Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    I've noticed when one of my sims was a doctor his end shift time said 1:57AM but he left at 7:00 PM. Many glitches but still fun to play.
  • Options
    iraeshiniraeshin Posts: 163 Member
    this happened to me once and I just had to start a new game and start over (not fun!)
    tumblr_mrvims5wr21rd43h2o5_500.gif
  • Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    This is happening to me as well... Probably has to do with the new patch the released.
    OriginID: SummerRed7
  • Options
    JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Same thing keeps happening to me. >.< Still waiting for/hoping for a response or a fix.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    I think I had something similar happening recently, just once. I sent my sim to the museum, she was there for a couple of hours and when she returned home, it was several hours earlier. Except, I'm pretty sure it was later than she left. Also she had reached lvl 2 piano skill at the museum, which was now reset to somewhere at 70%.

My idea was, because I have had the time resetting problem for ages, that it was related to that, so I didn't pay that much attention to it. until I read the problems you all have been having, now, it suddenly seems a completely different issue. . It was a brand new save, I have only played with another save since, where that problem doesn't happen. So it's safe to say it's a save-specific bug.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr