Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs I have noticed. Am I the only one?

so hopefully this is in the correct spot. not sure if these are bugs from the recent update. aside from noticing my family tree slowly disappearing, many abductions and male pregnancies, employees even with high skills standing, talking and not doing anything, i have noticed two other things.

one would be whenever i change the brightness of a light, the light stays on. even if i have all the lights on auto light. so i will change the option to auto lights again and the light will turn off. but whenever i do that the brightness of any light i have dimmed in the house, not just the light i am working with, goes back to full brightness. so any dimmed light, when i choose auto light, becomes bright again.
another is when i am fast forwarding on the highest it goes; not when they are sleeping and it goes by in seconds but the triple button i think it is, when i hit play i notice the time jumps back sometimes. so say i hit play when it gets to 5:32. it will jump back to like 3 something. i think i even noticed my sim one time jump back to where they were at that time too.

i was wondering if i am the only one having these issues and if they are in fact bugs. or maybe i am just going crazy lol i do not play with cc or any mods. thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options
    Brooke3333Brooke3333 Posts: 12 New Member
    Same here with the time, also my game keeps crashing since April 6th 2015 :( but I don't have cc or downloaded any other mods (thought it was too risky since my sims 2 game xD)
  • Options
    TofuBoy91TofuBoy91 Posts: 13 New Member
    My family tree has done the same thing and I'm having way to many alien abductions. I went through almost two generations without abductions, but now its getting beyond ridiculous. And with the family tree, I love going back and looking through past generations however, last night all the Sims that had past away are all gone from the tree!
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    sorry your game keeps crashing. some people get lucky with patches and others don't. i see you are not the lucky one with this. i'm guessing it was the latest update if you have no mods or cc. i would start over with installing the games again and see where the problem is.

and yes many simmers seem to be having the family tree problem. it's sad! i like looking through it as well to keep track of my families.
  • Options
    mglassmglass Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had the time issue also it's annoying especially when my sims are asleep cause the time doesn't change when it's fast forwarding until i click pause and sometimes it will even reduce the amount of sleep my sims have gotten where the time keeps jumping back and messing up while they're sleeping.
  • Options
    ZanderzionZanderzion Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Same to mine, and the bug is not just one but so many since the patch and the get to work too.
    1) I am not receiving elements, postcards etc. but the bill is just fine.
    2) My sims inventory is buggy sometimes the cursor is stuck such as i click a crystal then my cursor becomes crystal,
    3) The inventory slot when I expand or scroll down is cut/wonky and I can't see the bottom items in my inventory
    4) When fast forwarding then return to normal speed the time is reduced.
    5) The Scientist task travel to sixam makes my screen freeze in loading screen but if I use the Wormhole at my house or any place I can travel to Sixam with ease.
    6) There are times my Sims wont cook nor eat any food in fridge, when you try to cook the money is deducted but he wont move to cook.
    7) The Alien abduction seems bug too, It was too often. I have this male Scientist Sim and every night the alien are so annoying they always attempt to abduct only one sim again and again. The satellite dish 24hr is not reliable enough, I have no choice but to use cheat every time.
    8) The mods thumbnails in CAS are alienated, It was change to alien clothes so I don't know if it's a tee?, or jacket? etc. Glad sims4studio has its fix now.
    9) I dont know but I thought they already fix the messing up traits, well now only one trait is messing; the good trait. My household consist of 3 good sim but each of them keep getting "sad about evilness" moodlet where no evil sims around.
    10) When a neighbor visit me, I can see the "Ask to leave" option is multiplied or triplicated. When clicking a visitor theirs 2 or 3 clickable option of "Ask to leave".
    11) And those mods that is related to phone modification such hiring gardener or handyman must be deleted now, its either make the game crash or simply not working anymore.
    12) I forgot to add, this happen before I explore the features of get to work, careers for no job sims seems automatic. I switch playing to bff but when I return to my main household which intentionally atm all of the 3 of them have no job but then they have now their job, 1 is a doctor, the other is a detective and a chef. I quit the job but it returns again but random job. I guess it happens because I click that white diamond to mark a household unplayed and leaving a jobless sims.
    Post edited by Zanderzion on
  • Options
    Emu50192Emu50192 Posts: 1 New Member
    number 6 is my current issue from zan's list. ever sense my two sims got married, its like they wont eat if i click the fridge or stove or grill but they will if i click auto. which kinda spoils my one sims culinary skills.
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    the job thing isn't a bug i don't believe. i think it's a new thing. anyone jobless gets a job, it's happened to me when i switched households. also any parents who have kids that don't have jobs now have the 'stay at home mom career'.
  • Options
    ZanderzionZanderzion Posts: 4 New Member
    I believe that it is not a bug, I have read it in the patch about careers but to think its annoying. Like mine I dont want to have my sims a job but it keeps on getting back whenever I switch household.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited April 2015
    Earlier patch notes said it was supposed to be townies only that are given jobs... in practice (gameplay), something isn't right, because it's happening to all job-eligible sims regardless of played/unplayed.

I was hoping for a fix with today's patch, but it didn't make it onto this list. <pout>

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828591/april-13-patch-notes#latest

edit: added link, clarity.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Re. played Sims being given careers, not only non-played Sims, there's also a bug report here. Please do "me too" it etc.! I had thought this would have been big-impact enough to make yesterday's patch but I guess not :( Maybe they need to see how many players actually are upset by it. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Played-Sims-quitting-amp-getting-jobs/m-p/4445864
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Re. played Sims being given careers, not only non-played Sims, there's also a bug report here. Please do "me too" it etc.! I had thought this would have been big-impact enough to make yesterday's patch but I guess not :( Maybe they need to see how many players actually are upset by it. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Played-Sims-quitting-amp-getting-jobs/m-p/4445864

Me Too and an XP done... I was pretty surprised not to see this fixed this time, also.

Playing Goths, so both have jobs... I have one more played sim so far, unemployed game-rolling chick (I left her flagged as played, but she's brand new, unemployed, no skills... I want to see what job she gets given, if any) I moved into OS, then I went to WC to play Goths.

Then this place sucked me in. I'm off to play more. Update later!
  • Options
    I keep having the opposite problem with aliens. No matter how long I stay outside, male or female, I never get abducted. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but even with my astronaut Sim, and space rock collection, I've got not bites from the aliens :( . I think that the family tree disappearing is a common issue with many simmers. Mine does that as well.
  • Options
    logannnnnlogannnnn Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone found a fix to the time glitch? it is still happening to me, and it's very annoying
  • Options
    Striker12345Striker12345 Posts: 57 Member
    Only after I got TG it has started :(