May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't like how the abductions work. :(

Why can't it be like in TS1&2 where you only get abducted if you use the telescope in the middle of the night? I mean, I like aliens, but I don't want them in all of my games. I think it's silly that we can't cancel the action to get abducted. My sim is a doctor and has never used a telescope and has gotten abducted twice already...it's getting annoying....

Comments

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Why can't it be like in TS1&2 where you only get abducted if you use the telescope in the middle of the night? I mean, I like aliens, but I don't want them in all of my games. I think it's silly that we can't cancel the action to get abducted. My sim is a doctor and has never used a telescope and has gotten abducted twice already...it's getting annoying....

I agree with you, I liked how in TS2 you had to trigger it by using the telescope. I have only had 2 abductions so far, but they were both taken when I didn't want them to. We are definitely not ruling this part of the game. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    In TS3, didn't EA fix it later in a patch so that abductions were a lot less likely than before? They'll probably do something like that again to tone down the abduction rate in a patch. But yeah, I remember in Sims 2 you had to have the big, expensive telescope to get abducted. Even though it's random, you'd think it should be triggered by your Sim's...curiosity in those galactic-type things! ;)
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yeah, I think the chance of abduction needs to be wayyyy lower overall and then have some clear specific actions that will increase your chances so when you really want it you can try to make it happen, but your sims won't be getting abducted every other day when they are just minding their own non scientific business.
  • Options
    TheRealSimzFanatikTheRealSimzFanatik Posts: 118 Member
    Nooooooooo! Some of us are STILL waiting for abductions.. if they tone it down in a patch my poor simmies might never get abducted! :lol:
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited April 2015
    Nooooooooo! Some of us are STILL waiting for abductions.. if they tone it down in a patch my poor simmies might never get abducted! :lol:

They're not saying to tone it down, they're saying they only want it to happen if you try to make it happen. Which is exactly how it should be. Sims who have never touched anything scientific in their life shouldn't get abducted.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I agree, I would like some control over when and if abductions happen. I'd prefer for it to be more like Sims 2, where a specific action triggered the chance, than Sims 3, where it was intrusive to the point where it detracted from my playing enjoyment.

• Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    In TS3, didn't EA fix it later in a patch so that abductions were a lot less likely than before? They'll probably do something like that again to tone down the abduction rate in a patch. But yeah, I remember in Sims 2 you had to have the big, expensive telescope to get abducted. Even though it's random, you'd think it should be triggered by your Sim's...curiosity in those galactic-type things! ;)

I never had an abduction in Sims 3. I keep reading about them and alien pregnancy in Sims 3 and I feel like I am looking at people like they have two heads b/c in the entire time I had/played that game I never ONCE got abducted. The aliens would come by and visit - but that happened like all of twice. I figured they got rid of abductions/pregnancy in Sims 3 and now I'm like "did I have a glitched game?". Not even funny.

Next thing you know people will be telling me there were meteor showers in Sims 3! ;) (HAHAHA I kid, I know there were- I had ONE. It was sad and pathetic like my entire Sims 3 aliens experience. I had like two tiny rocks hit my lawn and it killed my bonehilda. Lame. Lame).

My Sims 3 had the Utopia glitch apparently. Boring.

I really hope they don't patch the game to limit abductions in this one. Sorry people who hate it- but I have spent a lot of time trying to get abductions and they are already rare for me (I may change my mind on this one n a week when I am getting abducted nightly - watch LOL!).
    I think they should patch with an option to turn them on or off - maybe even set frequency if that's not too much coding. Like, none through high.
  • Options
    xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm fed up of abductions. It's alright on my female sims, but it's getting on my nerves for my male sim. He's had 8 alien babies and it's just ridiculous now.
    vht3wy.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've found that the reset sim works to cancel the abduction. But I'm also using the satellite that my scientist made. Otherwise, he would have a lot more kids than the twin aliens he has now.
  • Options
    turnedintostoneturnedintostone Posts: 155 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

I never had an abduction in Sims 3. I keep reading about them and alien pregnancy in Sims 3 and I feel like I am looking at people like they have two heads b/c in the entire time I had/played that game I never ONCE got abducted. The aliens would come by and visit - but that happened like all of twice. I figured they got rid of abductions/pregnancy in Sims 3 and now I'm like "did I have a glitched game?". Not even funny.

Next thing you know people will be telling me there were meteor showers in Sims 3! ;) (HAHAHA I kid, I know there were- I had ONE. It was sad and pathetic like my entire Sims 3 aliens experience. I had like two tiny rocks hit my lawn and it killed my bonehilda. Lame. Lame).

My Sims 3 had the Utopia glitch apparently. Boring.

I really hope they don't patch the game to limit abductions in this one. Sorry people who hate it- but I have spent a lot of time trying to get abductions and they are already rare for me (I may change my mind on this one n a week when I am getting abducted nightly - watch LOL!).
    I think they should patch with an option to turn them on or off - maybe even set frequency if that's not too much coding. Like, none through high.

With you on that. I had a meteor shower once in TS3 because I used a mod that upped the chance so I could actually experience one.

Though if they're smart, they'll give us some sort of toggle in options where people could opt out of abductions if they want.

My female sim as been abducted 3 times. Which I'm cool with. I just wish it would make her pregnant. I'm guessing that it doesn't happen with female sims which is kinda silly.
    Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something; an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

A fact is a specific detail that is true based on objective proof. An opinion is an interpretation, judgment, or belief.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Since GTW came I've only been playing the same rotational set of families. They have different saves, but my other sims show up as townies. In these games there are aliens everywhere, even though only one sim ever went Sixam.

My question is this. What happens in a town where nobody has visited Sixam? Are there abductions? Is that the trick? If you don't want abductions, play a family in a pristine town with only premade townies. Don't play a town that contains any of your sims that ever visited Sixam.

I know it took me a while to realize that on the main menu if I create a new household, it automatically gets placed in the most recent game I played with my other sims. If you start a new game, It starts out fresh with only the default maxis townies.

I haven't played any of my old saves lately, but I will tonight when I get back from work.
  • Options
    PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    Since GTW came I've only been playing the same rotational set of families. They have different saves, but my other sims show up as townies. In these games there are aliens everywhere, even though only one sim ever went Sixam.

My question is this. What happens in a town where nobody has visited Sixam? Are there abductions? Is that the trick? If you don't want abductions, play a family in a pristine town with only premade townies. Don't play a town that contains any of your sims that ever visited Sixam.

I know it took me a while to realize that on the main menu if I create a new household, it automatically gets placed in the most recent game I played with my other sims. If you start a new game, It starts out fresh with only the default maxis townies.

I haven't played any of my old saves lately, but I will tonight when I get back from work.

I have a rotational game save and I have been playing my single painter sim for a few sim days and he was abducted. I don't even know how to get my sims to Sixam since I haven't played with the scientist career yet. I let my sim have the alien baby girl, and shortly after the aliens were abducting him again. Luckily i read about this on the forums and quickly reset him using cheats to avoid ending up with 8 alien babies! I think the chances of it happening is too high and why do they have to become pregnant EVERY time the males get abducted. I do not like it and wish I didnt have to use this cheat and keep an eye on my male sims at all times because its so hard, I deleted his swimming pool because that was when they got him, when he had the urge to swim in the middle of the night...
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member

None of my Sims have visited Sixam (or have been in the science career at all) in the save file where two of my Sims, from the same household, got abducted. This is the only household I have played in that save file. The male got pregnant and I sent the baby back immediately.

If it happens again I will try the resetSim cheat (though I really don't like using cheats) because I do not want forced pregnancy in my game. Male or female, human or alien, I don't think it's funny. There needs to be a way to opt out, or it needs to happen only under special circumstances like in Sims 2 (using the expensive telescope at night).
  • Options
    mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    *cue Farnsworth* Good news everyone!

SimsVIP mentioned that a alien abduction mod has been released. It prevents pregnancies from happening as a result of alien abductions. It sucks to have to use a mod, but it will be helpful until they fix this (if they ever do). I'm not able to link, sorry.

I've had GTW for a week now and haven't yet been abducted, but I have no males in my household so perhaps that is why. I know females can be abducted, but from what I've heard around here they seem to be mostly attracted to males.
  • Options
    MelymacMelymac Posts: 88 Member
    On the satellite theres an option to prevent abductions
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    > @mangoandgypsy said:
    > *cue Farnsworth* Good news everyone!
    >
    > SimsVIP mentioned that a alien abduction mod has been released. It prevents pregnancies from happening as a result of alien abductions. It sucks to have to use a mod, but it will be helpful until they fix this (if they ever do). I'm not able to link, sorry.
    >
    > I've had GTW for a week now and haven't yet been abducted, but I have no males in my household so perhaps that is why. I know females can be abducted, but from what I've heard around here they seem to be mostly attracted to males.

Thanks for the heads up! Still have not played enough to get abducted. But I know I want to be able to control it!
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    Ooh, I will definitely have to try resetting my sim the next time it happens...will also have to check out that mod as well...

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed with this.