Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After school activities for kids

i liked the extra credit after school activities in the sims 3.
I hope eventually that could be brought back, and boarding school too.

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    me i hope not and i hope they never bring back boarding schools those where useless features in the sims3 and for the most part in the sims3 i always delete the school
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    innerinertiainnerinertia Posts: 12 New Member
    Yeah I liked those but I also wish we could go and see them! Like watch kids at clubs to see what they did
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    Why not have Children and Teenagers have the ability to join:

School Sports:
    Cheerleader
    Athlete
    Gymnast

Committees:
    Prom
    Canteen
    Environmental

They need to add schools dances and proms :3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    I have better:
    Drama
    Chess (logic)
    athlete
    Band
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Cherry003Cherry003 Posts: 13 New Member
    Debate Team (Charisma)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    > @Memina11 said:
    > me i hope not and i hope they never bring back boarding schools those where useless features in the sims3 and for the most part in the sims3 i always delete the school

I used boarding schools when I had a large or wealthy family, it meant I could concentrate on the remaining sims for a while and not manage a full to bursting house for example - its a sims3 feature I actually miss!

> @Unseppi said:
    > i liked the extra credit after school activities in the sims 3.

Your children and teens can earn extra credit in Sims4 :) after doing homework when an "A" student click the homework again the option should be there

Liz
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    NikkiLandersNikkiLanders Posts: 68 Member
    I wouldn't mind more stuff to do with kids. If they do add after school activities I hope they are optional and that the ones they do add are -active-. I'd really like to see them cheer, dance, do chess events, etc and not just send them off to another black hole of nothingness.

The boarding school the same thing. Have the option to leave your current family and play your kids/teens at the school away from home, sort of like how TS3 was with the university.

I want to see homeschooling too. If they can't have a boarding school option, that would at least let you build your own or make a challenge around it.
  • Options
    quincylfquincylf Posts: 32 Member
    > @DextroyerX2 said:
    > Why not have Children and Teenagers have the ability to join:
    >
    > School Sports:
    > Cheerleader
    > Athlete
    > Gymnast
    >
    > Committees:
    > Prom
    > Canteen
    > Environmental
    >
    > They need to add schools dances and proms

I think this is such a great idea! Maybe adding more to it as well as other simmers have stated but this is a great beginning! It would be interesting to see how these would effect the grades of the students as well. Maybe something along the lines of not being able to do any after school activities if their grade is not high enough.

I think that detention would be another interesting concept. Maybe add that in after school when a student continually gets bad grades or does something wrong in class.
  • Options
    > @NikkiLanders said:
    > I want to see homeschooling too. If they can't have a boarding school option, that would at least let you build your own or make a challenge around it.

This is a good idea too. That would be a good challenge to play, having to home school your sim children. Maybe having tasks set up for the day, kind of similar to how the "Daycare Career" worked in the sims 3.
  • Options
    yelly201yelly201 Posts: 79 Member
    If there is homeschooling, it should be restricted to households where at least one parent doesn't have a job so there is a guarantee that the kids are getting their education... otherwise it's not legit!
  • Options
    NikkiLandersNikkiLanders Posts: 68 Member
    > @yelly201 said:
    > If there is homeschooling, it should be restricted to households where at least one parent doesn't have a job so there is a guarantee that the kids are getting their education... otherwise it's not legit!

Absolutely! Or possibly at least one adult, not necessarily a parent.
  • Options
    bonnstraxxbonnstraxx Posts: 102 Member
    I'd love for after school activities to be back! I'd love for the kid's to be more than just ballet or scouting, though. Having them play into the child skills would be nice. And of course the teens would have more clubs/could be in more than one without them clashing like in TS3.

Another thing I've always wanted were active proms/dances for teens. To actually SEE my son/daughter win prom king/queen, or get rejected for a dance, taking their pictures with their date or by themselves, or even forming new romances!
    tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif
  • Options
    > @yelly201 said:
    > If there is homeschooling, it should be restricted to households where at least one parent doesn't have a job so there is a guarantee that the kids are getting their education... otherwise it's not legit!

Yes! I think this is a good point.
  • Options
    foreverblackforeverblack Posts: 41 Member
    The TS3 after school activities were cute :) I'd like to see those brought back.
  • Options
    NonikaNonika Posts: 30 Member
    Sounds nice to me!
    I loved the after school activities in sims 3 (but maybe not the boarding school...).
    I'd love to see them again in sims 4
  • Options
    Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    It would be cool to see your child or teen Sim to join clubs, like Chess, if they;re good at it, or a sports team!
  • Options
    UnseppiUnseppi Posts: 28 New Member
    homeschooling would be awesome!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Maybe after school activities could help Sims develop Skills?

Arts Classes - Develops Creativity or Painting/Guitar/Piano
    Sports Classes - Develops Motor or Fitness
    etc.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Student/Class Gov't
    Sports My sim needs to be a soccer.

Thinking back to what I liked to do.

Soccer often Goalie
    Student Government - Treasurer
    Year Book

Now If these are added we can travel with the sims right?
    I want to see my sim play sports and help decorate for prom,
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Student/Class Gov't
    Sports My sim needs to be a soccer.

Thinking back to what I liked to do.

Soccer often Goalie
    Student Government - Treasurer
    Year Book

Now If these are added we can travel with the sims right?
    I want to see my sim play sports and help decorate for prom,

I really want Soccer to be added, fave sport :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.