Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male Pregnancy???

My male Sim visited Sixam and he met a female alien. The next day I invited the alien at my home and I had them try for baby. And now he is pegnant! (The alien is pregnant too). How is that possible?
* I don't use mods.
Screenshot_183_zpsn8gz853b.png
Screenshot_1_zpsf2wwmary.png

Comments

• Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    EA's version of ALIENS is a weird one including the dreaded male pregnancy. This is the first one I've heard of that didn't involve an abduction. I will have to see if I can reproduce what happened in your game.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    Yas004Yas004 Posts: 15 New Member
    All of my male sims if their wife is pregnant then they get pregnant even if they haven't been abducted yet!! This happens all the time and I HATE IT!!! this started as soon as I downloaded get to work! EA PLEASE HELP!!
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    yeah for whatever reason, when trying for a baby both partners become pregnant. male and female. even if one is human and the other is an alien. it happened to me in a household and they both ended up with twins. so 4 kids. and another family, the female alien became pregnant and the male sim was abducted. she had one baby, which was a first. i keep having twins. and the male sim had triplets. so another household with 4 kids. it's becoming ridiculous lol
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I read that it's normal if alien female and human male both get pregnant. It can't happen only between two human. I have alien female and human male couple, they both got pregnant and have two kids. But I also have that bug when two human tried for baby and they both got pregnant, so no kids for human anymore in my game LoL
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited April 2015
    A female alien impregnating a human male is normal. Aliens are a-sexual in this game. Both male and female aliens can get pregnant. Male humans can also get pregnant if they're abducted by aliens or if they try for a baby with an alien.

Human males getting pregnant from human females is not normal. It's a bug caused by outdated mods, specifically Darkpool's Inteen mod which does not have an update for GTW and won't for a while. Darkpool's taking a break from modding for a while.
  • Options
    > @Ashleigh825 said:
    > A female alien impregnating a human male is normal. Aliens are a-sexual in this game. Both male and female aliens can get pregnant. Male humans can also get pregnant if they're abducted by aliens or if they try for a baby with an alien.
    >
    > Human males getting pregnant from human females is not normal. It's a bug caused by outdated mods, specifically Darkpool's Inteen mod which does not have an update for GTW and won't for a while. Darkpool's taking a break from modding for a while.

I had Darkpool's Inteen, but I removed it from my game and added autonomous interactions mod what was updated for GTW and I still got my human couple both pregnant. I guess it still can affect a game and I still need remove it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    > @Ashleigh825 said:
    > A female alien impregnating a human male is normal. Aliens are a-sexual in this game. Both male and female aliens can get pregnant. Male humans can also get pregnant if they're abducted by aliens or if they try for a baby with an alien.
    >
    > Human males getting pregnant from human females is not normal. It's a bug caused by outdated mods, specifically Darkpool's Inteen mod which does not have an update for GTW and won't for a while. Darkpool's taking a break from modding for a while.

I had Darkpool's Inteen, but I removed it from my game and added autonomous interactions mod what was updated for GTW and I still got my human couple both pregnant. I guess it still can affect a game and I still need remove it.
    Try clearing your full cache:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    > @Ashleigh825 said:
    >

Try clearing your full cache:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

Great advice! I find it's useful to do this every once in a while to cut down on all kinds of general bugginess, though I don't usually have too many issues with the game aside from minor glitches.

• Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > roseinblack69 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Try clearing your full cache:
    > 1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    > 2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    > 3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    > 4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

Thank you very much for your advice, I did all like you said :) Now I'll try to play my game again.
  • Options
    SamInSimsSamInSims Posts: 60 Member
  • Options
    alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    A female alien impregnating a human male is normal. Aliens are a-sexual in this game. Both male and female aliens can get pregnant. Male humans can also get pregnant if they're abducted by aliens or if they try for a baby with an alien.

Human males getting pregnant from human females is not normal. It's a bug caused by outdated mods, specifically Darkpool's Inteen mod which does not have an update for GTW and won't for a while. Darkpool's taking a break from modding for a while.

Ok, thanks.

• Options
    BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    > 2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    > 3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.

Thank you very much for your advice, I did all like you said :) Now I'll try to play my game again.

Just wondering if this worked? This bug is getting really annoying...
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2015
    BunnDale wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    >
    >

Just wondering if this worked? This bug is getting really annoying...

I did a similar thing and got rid of the male pregnancy but not the twins problem. I renamed the Mods folder, removed caches, Updated and repaired game in Origin and started new game.
    No pregnant males at all but 9 single babies, 24 twins and 2 triplets was born and it's not normal.

The guide by luthienrising is a real cleaner. I used to do it in TS3 but a bit different but same result.

1. Move the C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to the desktop or a new folder.
    2. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder.
    3. Copy back Saves folder. Check that the mods you have are updated and copy them back. Maybee Screenshots if you have any and want them in game. The Tray folder is a little dangerous as it contain your CC that maybee caused the whole 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

• Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    A little too early in testing but up till now I have no pregnant male and no twins. Only 6 single babies so far. Same parents that previously had both male+female preg and twins. The hint by luthienrising solved the problem but not what caused it.
    I'll test some more.