Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else's Game Stutter?

Since installing Get to Work, my game's a bit. . .stuttery, if you know what I mean. It doesn't exactly freeze, but it's not smooth like it was before.
I moved my games to my other hard drive, but I wouldn't have thought that would be the problem. My computer speed is quite fast, and it's new. The specs are beyond good. I can't think why.
Anyone else have a similar problem, or is it just me? I can still play the game, I've just noticed this yesterday.
By the way, Get to Work is a really great expansion pack.

Comments

• Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I've noticed this too! Also yesterday :o
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    yeah I have
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    HatsAreLifeHatsAreLife Posts: 109 Member
    Yes, This has been happening to me, I've un-installed all CC but the game is still stuttering. :-(
    corpse-party-BoS-banner.png

• Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Have you tried to delete the cache files?
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My game seems to go into double click mode when I use my mouse, not sure if it's the game or my mouse. Will check on other things I do.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Try lower graphics options. But also check if you might have this issue, because more info is needed on it: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Multitasking-Conversation-loop-bug/m-p/4468406#M11257
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    My game seems to go into double click mode when I use my mouse, not sure if it's the game or my mouse. Will check on other things I do.

mine too! since i installed gtw, whenever i click on something it makes double click and its so annoying. Now im sure its cause of the game and not my mouse. My mouse works fine in windows also..

about the stutter.. yes i do have it since GTW and its disturbing me a lot. I have fear that it will be worse than the sims 3 after a few expansions. I do use mods, but i had way more in ts2 and ts3 and this game is supposed to have a lower engine that is working better.. well i doubt it after a while. Playing more than a few saves is increasing loading screens and lag a lot.. its too much for the beginning
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    GTW actually fixed this problem for me.
  • Options
    Jonny2284Jonny2284 Posts: 14 New Member
    I don't get stuttering per se, but I am getting an occasional lock up where time keeps passing but every sim active in the world is frozen for a few minutes and I'm locked out from any action.
  • Options
    Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    edited April 2015

I loaded up the sims 3 for the first time today since installing gtw and was experiencing this mouse double clicking on there, never had that before, sims 4 is fine though.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was just about to post a new discussion about this. I had noticed that the game would stutter at certain points in the science career. At first, I thought that it might have something to do with the Eureka cheat. Is this just tied to the science career, or are the doctor, and detective career are experiencing the same stutter problem as well? :neutral:
  • Options
    PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I was just about to post a new discussion about this. I had noticed that the game would stutter at certain points in the science career. At first, I thought that it might have something to do with the Eureka cheat. Is this just tied to the science career, or are the doctor, and detective career are experiencing the same stutter problem as well? :neutral:

I haven't had the chance to play Detective or Scientist, but it's happening to me in the Doctor career. I don't think it's the hospital, it happens back at the Sim's house too.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2015
    sunman502 wrote: »

I haven't had the chance to play Detective or Scientist, but it's happening to me in the Doctor career. I don't think it's the hospital, it happens back at the Sim's house too.
    So this game stutter issue isn't just tied to the science career then. There is a eureka cheat that Maxis supports in GTW. I only know that this cheat is available after having a sim become a scientist at this moment. Since I haven't been able to play as a doctor, or a detective yet. So it appears as if the Eureka cheats aren't the cause of the stutter either. :neutral:

• Options
    PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    It may just be a performance thing in general. A new patch could hopefully fix it?
  • Options
    DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Try lower graphics options. But also check if you might have this issue, because more info is needed on it: answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Multitasking-Conversation-loop-bug/m-p/4468406#M11257

This is exactly what happened to me a few days ago when my sim went to the library. Time flows normally but everyone is frozen, needs don't decrease or moodlets don't run out and all you can do is wait and hope it doesn't crash.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I get studdering for a few minuets when I first start up the game, then it all stops and runs super smoot.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100