Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diagnosis and Treatment (Doctor Career treatment BUG?)

tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
So I have noticed that since you can diagnosis patients, you will need to do some more treatments or assessments to be able to make a "compelling diagnosis". Sometimes, when you diagnose a patient, you treat them and then it does not work.

Here is the problem:
Sometimes after diagnosing, the treatment options are all grey. Is this a bug or did I just make the wrong diagnosis?
INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
BU7XCq7.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MissAmber1983MissAmber1983 Posts: 10 New Member
    Im having the same issue! :(
  • Options
    RoseChickTmRoseChickTm Posts: 56 New Member
    I think it's a bug, as I've never had this issue even when I diagnosed them incorrectly. [I just ended up treating another patient and waiting for my shift to end lol.]
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    Have you tried giving them a meal. Then go back and diagnosis them. I had to do that. I thought OK everything is greyed out. When I did I could treat them again.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    I cant even feed them! And they never lay down on the bed.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    If they are not siting on the bed, then you can't examine them. Is there an option to admit to examin bed.

If not try repair game and pull any mods to test.
  • Options
    They are sitting on the bed. Just not laying on the bed.
  • Options
    > @mrln1975 said:
    > Have you tried giving them a meal. Then go back and diagnosis them. I had to do that. I thought OK everything is greyed out. When I did I could treat them again.

Giving them a meal "resets" it?
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    The only times I see them lie down. Is when you click on meal or heal them with meds. But then again I have not played it very long.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    Oh i just thought of something. Give the diagnosis to the doctor. then you can treat them again. I think.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    Ill try!
  • Options
    Ok let me know if that works for you.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    I sure will! And thank you. Im actually JUST begining a 2 day weekend so it will be a bit! Lol
  • Options
    Welcome, Hope that works for you. I have bookmarked this thread. Wait a little bit and the doctor might come in or give you an order about how to treat them. When they are ready. The heart thing above their heads turn red.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    Ok so far I have discovered one mod that was was keeping me from having the treat opiion at all. I will continue going thru them to see if there are more and I will update as I find more! Thanx again for all your help!
  • Options
    Yup! That was it! Just that one mod! All is well now! Thank you so very much!
  • Options
    MutifexMutifex Posts: 2 New Member
    +1 to issues caused by a mod

Unless there is an update somewhere I missed, the longer interaction queue mod will definitely break treatment interactions, causing many of them to never appear as an option.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hmm I don't have any of those mentioned mods. :/

Oh and so far, I have not encountered back the said bug. Fingers crossed.
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, Didn't know you had mods. They always mess up games unless they are updated. I have the Gardner and mechanic mod they don't work. I have to wait till they get updated. Just replace with the new mod once it gets updated. You will have to live without it for awhile. :D Or maybe not at all if it conflicts with the game. Bummer though. I love mods!
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    I miss using mods sometimes ( they didn't give me much trouble in the Sims 3). I've put off using mods for the Sims 4 out of fear of them crashing my game. There are some pretty neat mods out there that makes it tempting for me to use!!
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    It was the longer queue one! I took it out and played all night with no issues! I have 300+ mods for this game and they all work fine except that one! I recommend turning laptop mode off to use the hairs tho.
  • Options
    MutifexMutifex Posts: 2 New Member
    In general, add new piece of clothing x mods work fine. Anything that changes the rules of the game or how something specific functions are open to breaking badly.

For example.. so far mods I've confirmed to break things:
    Larger interaction queue. Breaks the new interactive careers making some of the wheel options missing (like everything you need to treat someone as a doctor)
    Autonomous repairs - now far from being able to repair autonomously, you can't repair at all, or in the rare case where a repair is possible, now you can't loot the mess for salvage.
    There was another one I forget that had something to do with relationships.. that one made it impossible to even join a career.

Generally these kinds of things just need updates. Whether they get them or not is another thing. You can usually narrow down a mod error by taking them out one at a time until the behaviour you are seeing disappears.