Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Child Sim has a Romantic Interest in his Father!

alex3324alex3324 Posts: 35 New Member
Will post screenshots later, but how - how does this happen

Edit:

s30.postimg.org/g7hiz8gpb/03_31_15_12_15_AM.png

This is sick. How do I fix this

Comments

• Options
    She has to divorce him after this.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Your sim kid's name isn't Electra, is it?
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    > @Goth583 said:
    > Your sim kid's name isn't Electra, is it?
    No, his name is Abram.
    Is that a reference?
  • Options
    Yes, its basically the reverse of the Oedipus complex.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Wow the incest glitch hits again. I know mods are blamed for causing this, but it isn't always the case. So if you have a vanilla game, I'm pm SimGuruBChick about it. I know what mod can cause it, but in most causes I've heard, it usually isn't the result of a mod. I've had it happen in my game without mods but it was fixed with the January patch, so I fully understand what you are going through.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    > @Goth583 said:
    > Yes, its basically the reverse of the Oedipus complex.
    Oh. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Options
    > @Scobre said:
    > Wow the incest glitch hits again. I know mods are blamed for causing this, but it isn't always the case. So if you have a vanilla game, I'm pm SimGuruBChick about it. I know what mod can cause it, but in most causes I've heard, it usually isn't the result of a mod. I've had it happen in my game without mods but it was fixed with the January patch, so I fully understand what you are going through.

I installed the teen pregnancy mod a long time ago, and also took out the mod a long time ago as well.
  • Options
    Its just a glitch really, caused by the last patch. A lot of families got screwed up after that patch.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    alex3324 wrote: »
    > @Scobre said:
    > Wow the incest glitch hits again. I know mods are blamed for causing this, but it isn't always the case. So if you have a vanilla game, I'm pm SimGuruBChick about it. I know what mod can cause it, but in most causes I've heard, it usually isn't the result of a mod. I've had it happen in my game without mods but it was fixed with the January patch, so I fully understand what you are going through.

I installed the teen pregnancy mod a long time ago, and also took out the mod a long time ago as well.
    Yeah it could be the side effects from that. I would suggest repairing the game and seeing if that works. If it doesn't pm that Guru/mod. EA help center is great place to get help too and there is someone on the chat 24 hours. Link is here: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    > @Scobre said:
    > alex3324 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah it could be the side effects from that. I would suggest repairing the game and seeing if that works. If it doesn't pm that Guru/mod. EA help center is great place to get help too and there is someone on the chat 24 hours. Link is here:

Okay, thanks.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I actually have this issue now too. Not sure how it happened,but my young adult female is now romantic interests with her mom. She is adopted but I don't think that has anything to do with it. The only thing I can think of is last time I played before now,I used the full edit in CAS cheat to change a trait of one of my other Sims and that might have messed things up? I tried repairing my game and that didn't do anything.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I actually have this issue now too. Not sure how it happened,but my young adult female is now romantic interests with her mom. She is adopted but I don't think that has anything to do with it. The only thing I can think of is last time I played before now,I used the full edit in CAS cheat to change a trait of one of my other Sims and that might have messed things up? I tried repairing my game and that didn't do anything.

Try the relationship cheat that resets relationships. (I don't have a link to those, but I think it's in Twisted Mexi's long list?)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    I have the problem with child girl sim and her mom. But then again they were camping when the update happened and no one was pregnant at the camp grounds, but they had a mystery baby when they got home. Mom can't breastfeed but Dad can and does (Thanks goodness for bottle feeding option). So after the mystery baby incident Mom having a romantic interest in her daughter didn't phase me. I'll just use the relationship cheat to fix it. Plus they don't act on it either.
    Also I removed Darkpool's mod a long time ago and have wiped my cache since too. I think it really is just a game glitch.