Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ok anyone abducted yet?

Trying to figure out how to get abducted any clues yet? and so far i think the Sims team did great on this expansion no complaints yet.
2v9ekhx.gif

Comments

• Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    Not been abducted yet, but I figured it wouldn't happen day one. Just going to let it naturally happen.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Trying to figure out how to get abducted any clues yet? and so far i think the Sims team did great on this expansion no complaints yet.

I've heard that being in the Scientist career helps improve your chances of getting abducted, along with interacting with some of the Scientist objects.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

I've heard that being in the Scientist career helps improve your chances of getting abducted, along with interacting with some of the Scientist objects.

I really hope that is NOT true. I am currently enjoying my Science Career and I have absolutely NO desire to get abducted and date-plum'd by friggin aliens. Couldn't stand the random abductions in TS3 Seasons, totally ruined that EP for me no matter what I did or avoided doing.

Hopefully there is a lot more to getting yourself abducted than having a job.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited March 2015
    I got abducted while "searching for the truth" or Stargazing at night with the telescope. I *think* it was searching for the truth.

Now my sim is pretty excited about it. I thought something would happen since she was an alien, but I guess they didn't know as she was in disguise at the time.

Edit / Side note: I am a scientist!

2a686xl.jpg
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    naomeh wrote: »
    I got abducted while "searching for the truth" or Stargazing at night with the telescope. I *think* it was searching for the truth.

Now my sim is pretty excited about it. I thought something would happen since she was an alien, but I guess they didn't know as she was in disguise at the time.

2a686xl.jpg

Cool! I can't wait to see an alien abduction in my game. I'm wondering if you can only get abducted thru the scientist career.
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member

I really hope that is NOT true. I am currently enjoying my Science Career and I have absolutely NO desire to get abducted and date-plum'd by friggin aliens. Couldn't stand the random abductions in TS3 Seasons, totally ruined that EP for me no matter what I did or avoided doing.

One of the items that you can invent is a satellite dish. If you use it to contact aliens, a game dialogue comes up saying something about they are on their way , and maybe they might borrow some sims. (Paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact wording). I think that is why people have been saying being a scientist increases your chances of being abducted.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Yeah, I'm not sure but I created this Sim last night. He just started Science Career; level 3 now.

Suddenly....

03-31-15_2-24nbspAM.png

:)
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    have2admit wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not sure but I created this Sim last night. He just started Science Career; level 3 now.

Suddenly....

03-31-15_2-24nbspAM.png

:)

Oh, and he's preggars apparently.........
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member

I still play TS3 and still haven't been abducted! I have hope though! :)
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member

2a686xl.jpg

She's gorgeous! <3
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    OT but an answer to tiff: try finding a few space rocks of all sizes and add to the inventory and you will surely get abducted soon enough. :)
    Good Luck!
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    My sim is unemployed, she went out before bed to water her flowers, and she was abducted. She only paints and takes pictures. LOL Earlier she made a joke about aliens to one of her friends. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
  • Options
    zOmBiEcLoWnzOmBiEcLoWn Posts: 48 Member
    I really hope that is NOT true. I am currently enjoying my Science Career and I have absolutely NO desire to get abducted and date-plum'd by friggin aliens.

"date-plum'd" LOL
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member

2a686xl.jpg

I think this was a glitch in the game that they kept.
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    I literally just finished making my sims and put them in the world than 2 seconds later I'm abducted :sweat_smile:
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    The Truth Is Out There and don't forget to call Myself and FWilliamMulder to come over for the X-Files case :)