Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Working?? Moving household from gallery into empty houses in neighboured.

Dyl2K9Dyl2K9 Posts: 8 New Member
So this is from the 12/16/2014 – Version 1.3.18.1010 update
'Want new neighbors? Simply click on an empty house next door and select “Move in Household From Gallery.” You'll be taken to the Gallery where you can pick your new neighbors. Move in a great family or some total weirdo, then go visit them seconds later.'

For some reason since the recent update (March 2015) I can no longer place households from the gallery into empty houses in the neighbourhood? Has this been removed or am I doing it wrong?

Comments

• Options
    K cool
  • Options
    CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    I just noticed this as well. It was one of my favorite features since it allowed you to choose your neighbors. Hopefully it is just a bug and not a removed feature.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2015
    It the feature not showing for you or does it not work ?

Are you using mods ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @crinrict I noticed this as well. The "move-in" feature is now missing, not showing up when you click on a house next door. I don't use any mods either.
  • Options
    With GTW or without ? Cause I have the option.

Try repairing the game through Origin
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    I have GTW installed. I have also noticed that the option to split up household and only move out certain members of the family on their own (not the whole household) is not there anymore.

Okay, I will try a repair of game and report back....
  • Options
    Yeah, do that.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    I have completed the repair of game. And no, I still do not have the option to "Move in a Household" from Gallery when I click on another house in the neighborhood. I even tried switching to a few other households to see if would work when I'm on a different lot, but I'm not getting the option.

However, the split up household option is there and is working now.
  • Options
    Can you do a renaming of the user folder and start a new game for testing purposes
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Yeah the feature is not showing for me and I don't use mods either.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @crinrict Update: I started a brand-new game and the option IS there to move in a household from the gallery on another house. So does this mean my old neighborhood save is corrupted? Anyway to fix it?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    @crinrict Update: I started a brand-new game and the option IS there to move in a household from the gallery on another house. So does this mean my old neighborhood save is corrupted? Anyway to fix it?

I've been trying various things on my one save that has the same problem as yours and haven't found any way around it yet. (I always forget that function is there anyway and do everything from Manage Worlds and Manage Households.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, that's what I had to do last night. I had to combine a household and then split them up from Manage Worlds. Still can be done, but it's much easier the other way. Oh well. I hope Crinrict will have input on this.

eta: Sheesh, I sure wish this save file system was thought out better. It's crazy. It should have been done in folders for each main-named save file, with the slot/version files contained within. Very easy to make a mistake and not be able to tell them apart. :| (I backed everything up, though.)