Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Innacurate number of days lived

I have my lifespan set to normal and just had an adult age up to elder. When I hovered over the age bar immediately after the birthday, it told me my sim had lived for 100 days. Ummm...
Baby: 3
child: 13
teen: 13
Y/a:20
Adult:20
So... I'm confused as to where the game is getting 100 days from.

Comments

• Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Well obviously, 3+13=16
    16+13=29
    29+20=49
    49+20=100

I think EA needs a new math nerd. and I had never even thought about it but my game does that too.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Haha seriously. I was worried this was just some weird quirk in my game. Good to know it's not just me at least. I really wish they'd fix it though, because it's annoying looking at that and having to remember oh yeah that's wrong, and then saying ok my sim is actually x number of days old.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    They probably used this calculator to add all of this up....
    calculator-showing-wrong-paradox-calculation-19347555.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    They seem to live a while past their lifespan - some of my sims seem practically immortal - so maybe the missing time is incorporated into that mysterious area beyond the far reaches of the age bar.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I play rotational. Unfortunately when they track the number of days lived for a sim, they include all the days I have played other households, so even though I play with a normal lifespan, they are all several hundreds days played when they become elders.
  • Options
    Hmm.. well at leas that would sort of make sense even though I don't feel it should work that way, but during my save I haven't played any other households. This sim that aged into elder was one I had created in CAS and I just played straight through with no switches to any other households and yet the game still felt he was 100 days old upon aging into elder.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Best is when you have couples that aged to ya together (lady cake aged to get the ages to be the same) and she still ages to adult and elder way behind the bloke despite having no pregnancies (I know sims being preggo can mess with ageing, I've had some keep ageing and some stay the same age despite being no where near the next life stage.). I usually just work out ages in relation to the bloke and age up the lady when she should age in comparison. Means no weird preggo ageing and at least the gap between them remains the same as it would in real life.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I can honestly state that from exp I have noticed something weird with the amount of days to age, because at some point my 2 sims were the same age same number of days, but at some point my female sim ended up ahead of my male sim by like 4 or 5 days... so weird xD I wonder where age is lost and gained, do you think it has something to do with the sims most actively played by the player?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I know that different things change how much longer Sims live (exercising makes them live for soooo long, oh my GOD). but I don't know anything about ages getting desync'd beyond pregnancy messing with everything.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    you are forgetting the time between baby and child, you couldn´t see it but time passed... 31 days? I told you the children were grown up independent ones
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Is it a woman? Pregnancy days don't count and it may be the game compensating for those days or something? IDK probably just a quirk in the game!
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My aging is set to long and the one elder I've had so far started off with 100 days lived, so I think that this is a setting for all sims. It also seems like his bar will be full at age 200.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    This doesn't surprise me because there has been alot of people saying how they don't proofread their work due to grammatical errors and such but numbers are easier it must've bypassed them like the new engine I guess
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Did you have birthday parties? It may endure a little longer to age up without them.
  • Options
    The sim was male and was never pregnant. And that would be a lot of pregnancy days lol. His wife ended up aging up to elder a few days later and she too had 100 days lived. I wish it would just go off what the age setting is like it always has regardless of if you've played rotationally or had aging turned off (which I didn't) etc.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    100 days is not a setting for all Sims. I have one elder male Sim who has lived 81 days and I was just warned that his time is running out. I have another elder female Sim with 176 days even though she turned elder several days after he did. There doesn't seem to be any consistency.