Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there no digital version of Get to Work on Gamestop.com yet? It seems they are always behind.

Why is there no digital version of Get to Work on Gamestop.com yet? It seems they are always behind on posting digital games for sale now.. I ended up buying Cities Skylines for example from Steam instead of them because I couldn't pre-order the digital version on there.

Comments

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I think Origin always gets it first? And then Amazon usually follows.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Because they will get more money if they sold it off Origin than Gamestop?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    edited March 2015
    Maybe they're waiting until closer to the release date. I don't know, I've never purchased anything digitally from GameStop before. One might not even be able to pre-order digital content online or something. I've only ordered two things from GameStop.com before and that was my collector's edition of Watch Dogs and my collector's edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition. You could always pre-order the digital copy from Origin. There's literally almost no difference, unless you have a Powerup Rewards membership with GameStop and want the points for your purchase.
    EasyToRead wrote: »

That literally makes zero sense; everything else is available on GameStop.com digitally, base and Outdoor Retreat. In addition, Amazon has both available digitally as well as a physical and digital pre-order for Get to Work, for a penny less than retail price, as a matter of fact.

A whole $0.01. What a steal!
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Maybe they're waiting until closer to the release date. I don't know, I've never purchased anything digitally from GameStop before. One might not even be able to pre-order digital content online or something. I've only ordered two things from GameStop.com before and that was my collector's edition of Watch Dogs and my collector's edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition. You could always pre-order the digital copy from Origin. There's literally almost no difference, unless you have a Powerup Rewards membership with GameStop and want the points for your purchase.
    EasyToRead wrote: »

That literally makes zero sense; everything else is available on GameStop.com digitally, base and Outdoor Retreat. In addition, Amazon has both available digitally as well as a physical and digital pre-order for Get to Work, for a penny less than retail price, as a matter of fact.

A whole $0.01. What a steal!
    The other games being on the Gamestop isn't my point. Of course they will eventually roll it out through the other sites. My point was because they want to sell more through Origin than Gamestop. I'm sure Gamestop or whoever sells their games get a cut of the money. It's all just speculation anyways. I'll go with my reason than your simple waiting reason.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    rovairarovaira Posts: 61 Member
    It's kind of annoying because I have a Gamestop gift card.. :) Hopefully the digital version appears soon.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    rovaira wrote: »
    It's kind of annoying because I have a Gamestop gift card.. :) Hopefully the digital version appears soon.

you could buy the EA cash cards at Gamestop, Then go to Origin cash them in and Pre-order from origin. That is how I did it. Since I do not like to use credit cards on the computer. :)

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    rovaira wrote: »
    Why is there no digital version of Get to Work on Gamestop.com yet? It seems they are always behind on posting digital games for sale now.. I ended up buying Cities Skylines for example from Steam instead of them because I couldn't pre-order the digital version on there.
    What's odd about it, is if you go into my local Gamestop they have digital presales up inside the store. I thought that was weird. Why would someone go INTO Gamestop and pick up a digital copy instead of going online to gamestop.com? :neutral: Or I could be confused and that's not what they were but it sure looked like it?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.