Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a world will do wonders.

If only they made this into the sims 4, I think the game would have been much more interesting for cc makers, and the cc they will create would have benefited the whole community.

Even with all the ommission of content and life stages and all that.

Think about it. The sims 3 CAW did wonders, but because we could only play in 1 world at a time, a lot of the custom worlds out there, especially the ones I downloaded, were focused on playablity-no routing issues, many lots, not so many trees as they slow down the game.

The way neighborhood system works in Sims 4, however heavy a neighborhood is, it doesn't impact the whole game. So instead of focusing on playablity, custom worlds can focus more on detailed views and contain a lot of decorative objects. Also, the concept of backdrops will make any kind of drawings, or even photos available as scenery.
We might get a world with a huge castle as a backdrop, or maybe a neighborhood that has a blackhole in the night sky.

I think it would have been way more cool if we had CASt though...
And if we had open neighborhoods, the experience would have been much better.
Anyway those two can't be fixed I think.

Comments

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    @sallone, I was thinking about this just today!. I think the keyword for pretty much this entire game has been "potential" and though we don't have CASt or Open World anymore, I actually think that if done cleverly, this could be one of the best CAW's ever should they decide to implement it.

Like you mentioned before, being able to switch out backdrops should be the pivotal feature. And there should be MANY options. Lots of people have wanted to be able to make period neighborhoods since the start of the Sims, for example, and imagine if creating a Medieval world was as simple as choosing a forested backdrop with no modern machinery or buildings. Maybe have the option to make all of the roads dirt or cobbled, have the option to disable or enable vehicles and/or perhaps choose the style of vehicle on the roads? Maybe make that kind of stuff easily moddable so that creators can go crazy making all kinds of carriages and specialty cars that can easily be added to the Worlds. Choose details like a castle or another village in the distance...the possibilities could be endless; a Steampunk town, a Tudor Village, a Post-Apocalyptic city or a Fairyland.

Honestly, that would excite me as not much else so far has. I do miss my OW and the creative freedom that I had with TS3 very much, but I also think that there could be so many ways that they could go to make an epic CAW for TS4, they just need to live up to that potential.
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    @mortia But claiming potential followed by a poor delivery is becoming a pattern 7months into the game. EA should really learn from skylines and stop the milking. Milking was done enough and what they need is overall happiness growing in the fan base. Incredibly moddable CAW is the only thing I can see as being able to grow overall happiness of the community. (Toddlers will reduce the rage in the community, but it won't create an explosion of modding community)

From your ideas, switches to turn on and off stuff like traffic sounds awesome. Turning on and off day-night cycle, and setting seasons separately will be nice.
    Also, setting sims spawning will be nice, by this I mean you can set specific type of sims to spawn. A neighborhood that spawns only aliens, only ghosts, children ban, supernatural ban and other settings will be nice.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Yep, you're right. That's why I use the word potential with a bit of caution. I feel like the pattern of this game is to start running with an idea that sounds amazing and then just fail to take it that extra few feet to greatness. And it was Cities:Skylines I was thinking of in particular when I thought about the worlds having moddable aspects to it. Open it up the community. Giving us more options and not less is a step in the right direction. And I love the idea of being able to customize things like population spawns, think of the potentially crazy worlds you could make with that!

• Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    Cities skylines is such an inspiration isn't it?
    I really hope colossal order or haemimont games(the maker of tropico 3-5) try life sim game.
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    @sallone, I was thinking about this just today!. I think the keyword for pretty much this entire game has been "potential" and though we don't have CASt or Open World anymore, I actually think that if done cleverly, this could be one of the best CAW's ever should they decide to implement it.

Like you mentioned before, being able to switch out backdrops should be the pivotal feature. And there should be MANY options. Lots of people have wanted to be able to make period neighborhoods since the start of the Sims, for example, and imagine if creating a Medieval world was as simple as choosing a forested backdrop with no modern machinery or buildings. Maybe have the option to make all of the roads dirt or cobbled, have the option to disable or enable vehicles and/or perhaps choose the style of vehicle on the roads? Maybe make that kind of stuff easily moddable so that creators can go crazy making all kinds of carriages and specialty cars that can easily be added to the Worlds. Choose details like a castle or another village in the distance...the possibilities could be endless; a Steampunk town, a Tudor Village, a Post-Apocalyptic city or a Fairyland.

Honestly, that would excite me as not much else so far has. I do miss my OW and the creative freedom that I had with TS3 very much, but I also think that there could be so many ways that they could go to make an epic CAW for TS4, they just need to live up to that potential.

This is a great idea! If we could somehow edit the worlds too that would be great. We could start off with the stone ages and as each generation went on, edit it to have some kinda world-progress (player controlled). Eventually having roads, houses etc. Would actually be great if you had a in-game setting for different eras.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    mortia wrote: »

Genius.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I agree. I think this is one of the major problems with the game. They have taken away the ability to be creative. I really want to change some of the smaller parks in the neighborhoods. I also want to delete a guitar that has been stuck on my sidewalk for a month now.