Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actually MEET People

I would like to actually meet people at school/work. As much as I adore Sims constantly strolling by the house, how often do you make friends in real life with people walking past your house? If I choose that I want my Sims to make friends at their jobs/schools, I should be able to actually see their faces popping up in their relationships. I want them to bring those friends home as the friendship progresses. I'd like for, maybe, coworkers/friends to occasionally reveal that they have a crush on my Sim (assuming they're single) and be given the option to go on a date with them!

Comments

• Options
    LyricAiLoveLyricAiLove Posts: 54 Member
    This is one of those things that can easily be fixed in a patch and something that has been a pet peeve of mine since getting the game.
    Especially when our sims become teens. That's the one time when we need that feature most.
    In Sims 3 that's how a lot of my sims ended up meeting their spouse. Which I miss.
    <3 I'm believing you and I can do anything, we can change the world
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes, I've seen that mentioned by people before so I know there are others that miss this feature. I was always quite thrilled when my sims brought someone home from school (or work), it was just so cool.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    My biggest thing is that this would be a good way to actually FIND those teens that are always missing whenever I go to a community lot. How am I supposed to find someone for my teens to date if...there are no teens?!
  • Options
    whitneyngwhitneyng Posts: 574 Member
    I suppose..worst comes to worst we can create them and add them into a household. :c
  • Options
    SimLoverHollySimLoverHolly Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been thinking the same thing also. The fact that talking to school mates or co-workers increases their social need but they don't actually meet anybody is a downer. I also liked the fact that you could bring someone home after school/work and continue talking and actually build friendships/relationships with other Sims. I have had households before on Sims 4 where they haven't actually got any friends because they're too busy with homework, extra credit and part-time work, or work, daily tasks and increasing skills for their career. I really do hope they bring this feature in an update!! x
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    It almost feels like there's not enough time to let my Sims have well-rounded lives sometimes. I want them to succeed and thrive, but it's hard to have that happen when they have to gain skills and make friends and still manage to sustain a normal, functioning life.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I really miss that feature, i want to know if my sims work with thier neighbours and friends did the kids make at school. I find it hard (especially with a large family) to find the time to take the kids and adults out to make friends as thier is so much to do after work/school daily tasks and uping skills, so i tend to use the cheat which i hate doing as it feels like im putting no effort into the game, and my sims are continuously working or sorting out thier needs.

Im hoping this feature will come back.
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Yes please!
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    ElectraPotatoElectraPotato Posts: 156 Member
    A lot of the sims I meet I don't actually meet. They don't show up in the list of sims. It's a lie!
  • Options
    > @ElectraPotato said:
    > A lot of the sims I meet I don't actually meet. They don't show up in the list of sims. It's a lie!

I notice that as well. Especially when I want to throw some sort of party and I notice some of the Sims that my Sim is acquainted with aren't on their contact list. My guess is...perhaps it's because they've become just strangers. or is there another reason for that?
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I would LOVE this feature back. It's already hard enough for the kids to make friends with people their own age. :/

My sim's third child's only friend his age was his nephew.
    The rest of his friends were all old people.
    They all died when he became a teenager.
    :'(
  • Options
    > @Cement said:
    > I would LOVE this feature back. It's already hard enough for the kids to make friends with people their own age.
    >
    > My sim's third child's only friend his age was his nephew.
    > The rest of his friends were all old people.
    > They all died when he became a teenager.

aw, I do have one family in Sims 4 that has a son in elementary school. I once clicked on "meet new friends" while he was in school and he actually befriended Alexander Goth. But after that...I never saw it happening with my other kid Sims.
  • Options
    ElectraPotatoElectraPotato Posts: 156 Member
    @whitneyng sometimes that happens where they will know them and then they become strangers, but other times they just never know them. Their identity is forever hidden to the world.
  • Options
    > @ElectraPotato said:
    > whitneyng sometimes that happens where they will know them and then they become strangers, but other times they just never know them. Their identity is forever hidden to the world.

Sounds mysterious. But thanks for the information. =]
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    whitneyng wrote: »
    > @Cement said:
    > I would LOVE this feature back. It's already hard enough for the kids to make friends with people their own age.
    >
    > My sim's third child's only friend his age was his nephew.
    > The rest of his friends were all old people.
    > They all died when he became a teenager.

aw, I do have one family in Sims 4 that has a son in elementary school. I once clicked on "meet new friends" while he was in school and he actually befriended Alexander Goth. But after that...I never saw it happening with my other kid Sims.

Ah, I had aging on so Alexander Goth was the father of his nephew xD
    So many old people :[
  • Options
    oh no...
  • Options
    alex3324alex3324 Posts: 35 New Member
    I never took the time to realize this feature in The Sims 3, but would definitely love it to be put back in!