Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return of TS2's feature to delete CC from inside the game.

What would make a huge difference for me in enjoying TS4 would be the return of TS2's feature to delete CC from inside the game. Custom content is half the fun of this game for me, it's what gives it a much longer lifespan between expansions. My Mods folder is almost 3 Gb now and I'd like to be able to sort through the items, deleting the ones I can part with and keeping my favorites. If at least the names of the items were visible in game, I would be able to find and delete them from the folder later, but if this feature were to be back, it would make my life that much easier.
Anyone agrees? Is there a mod I'm not aware of to add this options to the game?

Comments

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I see a lot of people talk about this, but I don't think anyone remembers; in TS2 deleting CC from in game caused a lot of damage to your games files that are unfixable, it made more glitches, and even effects your computer. This would cause hood corruption among other things. It's safest that we don't get this and just stick to a CC cleaner.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I'd kind of like if there was an option to see the filename of cc so that you can take note of it and then exit the game and delete the files

There's a few things I'd like to delete out of my game, but I'm not sure of the names and I'm afraid I'll accidentally delete something I really like. I know there's a big file list when the game starts up but it doesn't help with my issue much
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    escoraliqueescoralique Posts: 7 New Member
    > @howsimlish said:
    > I see a lot of people talk about this, but I don't think anyone remembers; in TS2 deleting CC from in game caused a lot of damage to your games files that are unfixable, it made more glitches, and even effects your computer.

I absolutely don't remember this feature causing any glitches to my game, much less my computer, at all. And I used it a lot. The only inconvenience that sometimes happened was, if there were recolours and the files were not merged, deleting the item that happened to be the mesh would make the recolors useless, so you just had to delete those too. Creators would usually inform us which file was the mesh to avoid that. It was very useful. That and the option to recolor and personalize everything are the features I miss the most from TS2.