Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yellow Graphics

After playing the game for maybe an hour or so, many of my objects become yellow. My screen also starts to have yellow "slices" I guess you would call them, go across it. Most recently I got tons of white splotches, they actually looked a bit like shrubs, all over the screen. Occasionally the game will quit when this happens, but usually I am able to save and exit. I have a GeForce 8400 GS video card. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    sweetkelseysweetkelsey Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try clicking on a light and then choose the option 'color' change the color to white. Do this to all your lights and see if it works. If not, try getting a better video card.
  • Options
    LilRedHead611LilRedHead611 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The video card is brand new.
  • Options
    cyborg34572cyborg34572 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2009
    well i also noticed this kinda thing when i was playing for 2 hours

my stuttering was more noticable happening more.
    and artifacts start to appear

this could only mean one thing
    the memory leak of the game is very severe.
    as u play for long the memory leak goes bad and starts to make ur computer parts overheat.
    specialy the video card.
    and overheating video cards cause artifacts appearing.weird lines ,etc.

other peoples computers defense to the memory leak was making the game crash.
    that was a defense mechanism of some computers to just stop the game instead of making it run with the memory leak and damaging the pc.

but for us that could play the game without crashes.
    the memory leak makes our computers heat up as we play for long and starts to damage our parts .

so for now im not gonna play sims 3
    the memory leak is so bad itl only damage ur system if u play for long