Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I add these files from TSR?

So everything I've added to my game so far I use WinRAR. The two main sites I use to download CC are Modthesims and The Sims Resource. However, some of the content on TSR does not automatically open in WinRAR when I download it. Instead I get a popup that says "Windows cannot open this file" and gives me 2 options: "Use web service to find this program" (doesn't work) and "Select a program from a list of installed programs" (options like MS Word, WMP, etc). Does anyone know how to get these files to load?

Comments

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    it may be 7z file
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    You need to actually pay attention to the format of the file you are downloading, and please for the love of all that is good, disable your browser from automatically opening everything. You're not paying any attention to what is being downloaded, and with it set to auto-open, who knows what kind of wonderful viruses and malware you could subject yourself to in your travels across the internet.

Also, for downloading from TSR, in a case like this, you need to "Save" the content, not "Open". Individual items come in .package format, which just gets put into your Mods folder. That is the format that game reads it in, you do not need to open or extract it.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    Nearia35 thank you! I did not know that.