Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get new illnesses with subsequent EPs?

I have a feeling that the medical career is going to lose it's novelty very quickly if you are doing the same tests to diagnose the same four (? not sure how many...I've only seen the spiral spots on the skin, the stripy spots, the spotty spots and of course, pregnancy) illnesses. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a really good start considering we are getting two other careers, the two new skills, and the retail feature... but I really hope they don't give up on this and will keep adding new illnesses as more EPs pop up.

Examples:
- snake bites from a pets EP
- they'll introduce better effects to drinking juice (like in TS2/ TS3), and sims would have to come in to the hospital to get treated if they drink too much... I would also love it if sims could get arrested for being "juiced up and disorderly"
- food poisoning from restaurants
- exotic illnesses from travel

Comments

• Options
    bjork_fanbjork_fan Posts: 140 Member
    beep beep
  • Options
    teresa.eater.evansteresa.eater.evans Posts: 24 New Member
    Possibly, but what's the point if our sims can't go to the hospital unless they are doctors, or pregnant? If my sim got bitten by a snake I wouldn't want him/her to treat themselves with computer bought medicine :( I just wish they changed that part...
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    from a pets EP maybe the "Guinea pig disease" from Sims 1 could return?
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    Possibly, but what's the point if our sims can't go to the hospital unless they are doctors, or pregnant? If my sim got bitten by a snake I wouldn't want him/her to treat themselves with computer bought medicine :( I just wish they changed that part...

I think the point is so as a doctor you can treat different diseases with different treatments to make things interesting. So you don't just treat the same 4 (or however many) illnesses over and over again.
  • Options
    teresa.eater.evansteresa.eater.evans Posts: 24 New Member
    Yeah I know, but what I meant is that normal sims will get those diseases too, and doctors will treat patients with those illnesses.
    All I'm saying is that it is kind of a waste of a venue if your regular sims (the non doctor ones) can't use them unless they're female and giving birth, which is really restrictive, and wastes computer memory for nothing.
    Maybe its just me but especially in the sims 3 I didn't always have a sim in my family that was a firefighter or a stylist or whatever, but still we could go to those places freely, and that to me makes sense.

I just think they should reconsider that aspect of the game and possibly fix it with a patch.
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    Andygal wrote: »
    OH MY WORD Yassss!!! *Squeeeeeee* :heart: Nostalgia Moment!
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I believe that illness made it to this EP, I read it on some tweet ages ago :)

• Options
    agent_bev wrote: »

**Dies** If that's true.. on that note alone, I seriously am Swayed Enough to Pre order this EP NOW!! Just for nostalgic purposes of course.. ;)

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

**Dies** If that's true.. on that note alone, I seriously am Swayed Enough to Pre order this EP NOW!! Just for nostalgic purposes of course.. ;)

I don't know if it's true, I thought that this was a hint... but they may just be doing this to toy with us: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSims/status/566054175906484224/photo/1
  • Options

I don't know if it's true, I thought that this was a hint... but they may just be doing this to toy with us: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSims/status/566054175906484224/photo/1

Thanks for finding it! Much appreciated :)
    .. Sigh guess we'll have to wait and see! Darn it >.<

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg