Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fertilizing perfect plants?

Is there any point in continuing to fertilize plants once they get to Perfect quality? All of my plants are now Perfect, and it's much easier to take care of the garden when I can just have my Sim "Tend Garden" to do all of the watering and weeding, without worrying about fertilizing. From my understanding, fertilizing only helps plants get to the next stage of evolution, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    there is a possibility that fertilising may increase the sell back value, but you would have to experiment with 2 of the same plants to see if that is true. Fertilise one and not the other and see if there is a difference in value
  • Options
    winkeljohn78winkeljohn78 Posts: 87 Member
    And let us know what you find out!
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    I tested harvesting perfect dragonfruit from an unfertilized plant vs fertilized. Base value seemed to be 80 either way. Value increased as the fruit stayed in my inventory.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I think you're right. There's no point to fertilizing perfect plants. Thanks for testing it.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I tested harvesting perfect dragonfruit from an unfertilized plant vs fertilized. Base value seemed to be 80 either way. Value increased as the fruit stayed in my inventory.

Thank you for testing that, useful to know
  • Options
    jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    I don't see the point in fertilizing period. I never fertilize my plants and they evolve every day/every other day anyway