Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A more gradual Pregnancy Stage?

I personally would prefer a slightly longer, and more gradual, pregnancy stage in the game.

I like the way that general weight gain/loss is gradual so you don't notice it right away - perhaps this can be applied to pregnancies also?

At the moment our Sims immediately get the baby bump as soon as they find out the happy news. I'd prefer it if they gradually got bigger as their pregnancy progressed :)

What do you all think?
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    MizViz123MizViz123 Posts: 40 Member
    I agree with you. A longer pregnancy would be nice. ^^
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    At the moment our Sims immediately get the baby bump as soon as they find out the happy news. I'd prefer it if they gradually got bigger as their pregnancy progressed :)

What do you all think?

Not always. I've only had one Sim 'pop' immediately after taking the pregnancy test(and there have been a lot of pregnancy tests taken in my game :p

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    KaiDohKaiDoh Posts: 40 Member
    I'm pretty okay with the current rate of pregnancy, and the segmentation of it. I think if pregnancy lasted any longer I would just get annoyed with caring for an irritable sim, but that's just my opinion. Also, the belly popping out gives me nostalgia because it's reminiscent of the sims 2, so I don't mind it.
  • Options
    moezycatmoezycat Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2015
    I also don't really like the way they become visibly pregnant when taking the test. However, I think the length of the pregnancy is perfectly adequate.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I think it's fine as it is.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BookHuntingBookHunting Posts: 33 Member
    Honestly, If it was any longer, I think I might just adopt in the game instead. It would be annoying to take care of them. But can you imagine if sims time was exactly like real time???? So it be 9 real months for pregnancys for our sims!
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Some of my sims don't show until their 2nd trimester while others pop a belly right after taking the pregnancy test. I like the length of the pregnancies are. It isn't too long nor is it too short, in my opinion.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Wait, sorry I don't have the game so I wouldn't know but the baby bump goes back to the way it was in TS2?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I don't mind the way it is because I just want the baby to get here. don't want to wait any longer then 3 days. Seems to be somewhat like Sims 3. But I don't remember if Sims 3 pregnancy was longer or not. Not sure how long Sims 2 was. can't remember.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Some of my sims don't show until their 2nd trimester while others pop a belly right after taking the pregnancy test. I like the length of the pregnancies are. It isn't too long nor is it too short, in my opinion.

kind of like in real life, everyone's pregnancy if different. I like it the way it is as I am just anxious for the baby to come.

• Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Lol - I totally forgot I posted this discussion!

Anyway, I have to agree with you all about just wanting the baby to arrive, but at the same time I just think it's so weird that as soon as they discover they're pregnant the Mum's belly pops out. Lol. I would just prefer it if they had a more gradual pregnancy weight gain so that it would seem more realistic. That's just me though! Thanks for posting all your thoughts on this! :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    @Evalen wrote: »
    I don't mind the way it is because I just want the baby to get here. don't want to wait any longer then 3 days. Seems to be somewhat like Sims 3. But I don't remember if Sims 3 pregnancy was longer or not. Not sure how long Sims 2 was. can't remember.
    TS2 and TS3 pregnancies were both 3 days long :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah Pregnancies go 3-5 days, I wish it was 9 days, to simulate 9 months
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    I think it goes too fast, especially when everything else takes ages lol. Not enough time get stuff done.

And then they take away my never weary *still grumbling* :\
  • Options
    ThitPoulsenThitPoulsen Posts: 54 Member
    I would really like for the pregnancy to be a few days longer. 9 days as @Masongamer suggested, is too long because of the length of the life stage, they would spend almost their entire life stage being pregnant, thats too much, especially if they want more than 1 child. but 5 days would be nice. and i agree it would be nice if the stage was more gradual, but i do also find it nice that its random whether they get the immediate bump or a gradual one. some people show much earlier than others irl too.
  • Options
    IHasGamerIHasGamer Posts: 61 Member
    Sims 2 Pregnancy was very Short and wasn't long D:
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/lJTRIa1IVH7gc" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/kill-sims-lJTRIa1IVH7gc">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've only had two pregnancies in TS4. First time, directly following woohoo, my sim went to take a pregnancy test and immediately bumped out and was notified she was in her second trimester. I didn't like that.
  • Options
    MushMouse88MushMouse88 Posts: 40 Member
    I agree. I don't like that the sim is automatically showing, and then she becomes so large that it's kind of uncomfortable to look at. They don't go through enough pregnancy things either, like they rarely ever get morning sickness (it's usually at the end of the pregnancy for my sims which is backwards). I definitely think it could be tweaked.