Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Memories

NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims (2000)
When I played The Sims 2 I remember one of my favorite parts of the game was the memory system. I loved how if I was playing a new Maxis family I could go and look at what memories they had to learn more about their past, it was a great feature in the game. :smiley: Does anyone else miss having this memory system in other Sims games?
"You've gotta be stirring my pasta."

Comments

• Options
    laura54767laura54767 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes, I miss the memories too. I wish Sims 3 would have had the memories like Sims 2.
  • Options
    SimBunnySimBunny Posts: 58 Member
    Yes, I do as well. The memory system in Sims 2 was awesome and so fun to look through. It was always neat to look back through elder sims that I had raised from a baby and see all their life experiences. I miss it, but not as much as the in-game photo album. I'm so sad they still can't get that back in the game. Maybe someday.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The memories feature in Sims 2 is one of my favorite things too. One of the first things I used to do when checking out the Maxis sims that came with a new EP was to read their memories. They were always entertaining and sometimes would give me ideas of what I wanted to do with them next. Now I like it because it helps me keep track of what I've been doing if I haven't played a family for a while.
  • Options
    StymieStymie Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sims 2 memories system was nicely done. If they bring it back to Sims 4, I hope it's like the Sims 2 one because I hated on how the memories system was done in Sims 3. Clearing the scrapbook and disabling memories actually improved my game performance.
    Intel Core i7 4790k| 8GB Ram | MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | MSI Z97-Gaming 5 Mobo | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse|
    Steam Profile (Feel free to add me but leave a comment first)
    13VpVgn.jpg
    Origin: StymieG
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I disabled it in Sims 3 for performance reasons. Love the Sims 2 memories.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    I disabled it in Sims 3 for performance reasons. Love the Sims 2 memories.
    Same here. I always hated how in TS3 it would keep all those junk memories such as catching fish, going grocery shopping and what not. The only memories I wanted to keep were marriage, divorce, births, and other similar ones. But it was more of a pain than what it was worth.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    What I really miss is the Photo Album of sims 2, that's mainly what I used as their "memories". Yes I know in sims 4 they've TRIED to implement a memory system with the screenshots but it's very clumsy and doesn't work well for me. And it's too much work.