Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have The Ability To See The Needs of the Baby

My idea is to be able to see the needs of the baby. I understand it's an object, so that's probably why we can't see why the baby is crying. However, in my game, my Sim just gave birth to a little baby girl. Her portrait is always blue & she's always crying even though she's fed regularly, cuddled & doesn't have a dirty diaper. I kind of like this in the game as it adds a touch of realism....because in real life some babies are fussy, some aren't, etc. But, it would be really helpful to see what the baby's needs....are they crying due to low social, food, etc.
Anyways, just a thought. Not sure if any of Simmers have had any issues with fussy babies and not being able to fix their needs.

Comments

• Options
    ChausserChausser Posts: 129 Member
    I agree. Babies are a real let-down in this game, and there's definitely a lot of room to expand on their role and improve them. I'd really love to see them implement the ability to take babies out of their cribs and carry them around, too.
  • Options
    LyricAiLoveLyricAiLove Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2015
    The babies really need to be expanded upon. After about a day I end up aging them up because I run out of things to do and since they aren't real sims it's easy to sometimes forget about them until you get the notification that they're about to be taken away.
    <3 I'm believing you and I can do anything, we can change the world
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I kind of like that we can't see their needs ... Baby needs are always a mystery unless you got it figured out;)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    I agree with this 1000%
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I kind of like that we can't see their needs ... Baby needs are always a mystery unless you got it figured out;)

Exactly. People want life simulation then complain that they don't have a chart to know what baby needs. lol
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Exactly. People want life simulation then complain that they don't have a chart to know what baby needs. lol

It's not a complaint....this is the Ideas section. Every other age you can see needs. In TS3, we could see the needs of the baby....they're part of the family, like every other age group. It was just an idea. Of course not everyone is not going to agree.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

It's not a complaint....this is the Ideas section. Every other age you can see needs. In TS3, we could see the needs of the baby....they're part of the family, like every other age group. It was just an idea. Of course not everyone is not going to agree.

Yeah they are an age group, and that age group we don't know their needs:))
    That's my take on it, though I guess I could see why people would want to see their needs. Preferably though, I like this idea that they can't.
  • Options
    UnseppiUnseppi Posts: 28 New Member
    Yes, we really need this.
    i think its annoying that i have to click all the interactions with the baby just to figure out what it needs.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Ts 3 was easy when it comes to the sims. It was focused on the worlds.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

Yeah they are an age group, and that age group we don't know their needs:))
    That's my take on it, though I guess I could see why people would want to see their needs. Preferably though, I like this idea that they can't.

You make a great point. It's changed over the years, from game to game. TS2, we couldn't see them. TS3 we could. TS4 we can't. & maybe I just have a glitch in my game....the baby's portrait stays in blue almost all day, unless she's sleeping, regardless of regular feedings and cuddle time.
  • Options
    ACBlueyesACBlueyes Posts: 13 New Member
    > @LyricAiLove said:
    > The babies really need to be expanded upon. After about a day I end up aging them up because I run out of things to do and since they aren't real sims it's easy to sometimes forget about them until you get the notification that they're about to be taken away.

I get bored with them too. Toddlers FTW! But seriously, the age-up option is a must because there's just not enough to do with them. It would be neat to see their needs and more interesting if we go around the block *literally* with a stroller or something. I'm an advocate for bouncy chairs and baby swings too! If they must be chained to an object, at least give us some options.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited February 2015
    Are people really making excuses as why the babies do not need a needs bar? Unlike a real baby that you can check or smell it's diaper knowing it needs to be changed you cant in The Sims we need to be able to see these things why do every interaction just hoping you got the right one. Really if your worried about being realistic last a checked babies are not locked to bassinets that's a good starting point.

I agree with those saying they are bored with babies they're extremely boring objects now never aged one up in Sims 2 but have with all mine in Sims 4 they are about as fun as interacting with the toilet probable have about the same interactions.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Thank you! Completely agreed! The constant crying drives me nuts, but I like the time they spend bouncing and cooing at babies, so don't want to age them early (it only takes a few days to age up anyway for babies), but the constant crying and trying to figure out which is going on (other than dirty diaper) gets really frustrating at times
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    LyricAiLoveLyricAiLove Posts: 54 Member
    @ACBlueyes
    YES, I can't wait for toddlers to get here. I still have faith we won't have to wait long. And by long I mean like two years.
    <3 I'm believing you and I can do anything, we can change the world
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    > I kind of like that we can't see their needs ... Baby needs are always a mystery

^ This. I like that when my baby is squalling it takes a few interactions to figure out what it wants. It makes it more realistic.