Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat codes for Mac?

Simple and easy question. Is there cheat codes for Mac? I've tried some that are for the PC but unfortunately they don't work. So is there "official Mac cheat codes"?

Comments

• Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    The cheat codes are the same for Mac or PC. You need to turn on testing cheats before you can use them though. As well, testing cheats has a habit of turning itself off when your sim travels or you take him to CAS or just when it feels like it.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I can use the standard cheat code only opening the cheat window like normal. Why is everyone suddenly unable to use cheats?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    sl00thsl00th Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > I can use the standard cheat code only opening the cheat window like normal. Why is everyone suddenly unable to use cheats?

No idea, although my cheat console works fine, not having problems with that. bb.showhiddenobjects works for me now, but bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and move objects doesn't.
  • Options
    > @Figwit said:
    > The cheat codes are the same for Mac or PC. You need to turn on testing cheats before you can use them though. As well, testing cheats has a habit of turning itself off when your sim travels or you take him to CAS or just when it feels like it.

Well I only use cheats in buildmode and I did use testing cheats before trying to use any of the other cheats. Shouldn't there be a message that says cheats are on if the testing cheats does work?
  • Options
    skeletoncath20skeletoncath20 Posts: 13 New Member
    Whenever I turn on testing cheats, a message comes up saying 'Cheats are enabled." ...So yes, I suppose there should be a message saying cheats are on.
  • Options
    > @skeletoncath20 said:
    > Whenever I turn on testing cheats, a message comes up saying 'Cheats are enabled." ...So yes, I suppose there should be a message saying cheats are on.

I didn't get a message like that. Although bb.showhiddenobjects worked for some reason?
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The command for move objects is bb.moveobjects on/off.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > The command for move objects is bb.moveobjects on/off.

I know, I got the cheats to work. Reinstalled the game and that did it!