Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can anyone not want toddlers back?

They make the game IMHO.

Comments

• Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've never understood it myself. Lots of options available for those who don't want toddlers: Not have kids, adopt a kid and skip the toddler stage altogether, or age them up. No options available in 4 for those who love the toddler stage.
    Post edited by Wildley Curious on
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Right now, I find myself doing that which I never used to do. Which is to age up the baby to child almost immediately! Unspeakable. Unheard of. EA, I hope you're satisfied. You have fundamentally changed my manner of play! Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Glen_CocoGlen_Coco Posts: 16 New Member
    Because they're plum
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I blame the previous game for my disdain. They're a nuisance, and a total grind fest to get them to age up with good traits.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think you're confused between not wanting and not being bothered at all if they don't return. For example, I don't care if they don't put in an appearance this go round. I have TS3 and TS2 if I really really want a toddler. They were annoying. All they wanted was constant teaching. As such I'm really not bothered that they're not there.

If they were there, I would play them. I don't not want them. I'm just not bothered.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Are we doing this again?
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    Because people have opinions, some people want certain features back, some don't. It's usually because they either don't use the feature or hate using the feature. I don't see what's wrong with adding Toddlers back but I also see that some people hated the life stage because it wasn't fun for them, if EA brings back Toddlers but make them a more fun life stage, I think more people would be happy.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think the OP is kidding. Toddlers don't "make the game".
    But they're part of it. I hardly ever play the elders, but they most certainly ought to be in there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Well you could argue for any life stage as having to be there. For myself, I would like an age between adults and elders or a tween stage between childhood and teens.

People seem to think it is their right to have toddlers because they were in TS2 and TS3 and therefore EA owes it to them. They were not in Sims Medieval. Were they in the original Sims? I didn't play it so I can't say.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    You could ask just as well How can anyone not like the color green?
    Different people, different backgrounds, experiences and preferences. I´ve explained my reasons before, I certainly won´t justify them here as if I was some criminal in court :\
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Figwit wrote: »
    People seem to think it is their right to have toddlers because they were in TS2 and TS3 and therefore EA owes it to them. They were not in Sims Medieval. Were they in the original Sims? I didn't play it so I can't say.
    They were the ones to tell us we were getting all the life stages but then they said we don't want to shoehorn toddlers in like they did to teens and babies now it's total silence on the situation.

And I would have to agree with the OP toddlers make the game well them and teens and for me we have neither.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Right now, I find myself doing that which I never used to do. Which is to age up the baby to child almost immediately! Unspeakable. Unheard of. EA, I hope you're satisfied. You have fundamentally changed my manner of play! Face/palm.

EA: Here guys, we made you some awesome bassinets... er babies and some young adults with a "teen" label above their heads.
    Sim fans: I don't want to play an object I want to play a baby *age up or ignore until age up*.
    Um... that's not a teen... maybe I'll just play young adult sims until they fix this mess.
    EA: hmm.... looks like the fans really aren't that into family play any more. Better strip out more family style content and add more for young adults.
    Sim fans: drift more and more away from the game
    EA: I don't get it? We followed what the data told us??? I don't see what could have possibly gone wrong

EA for the love of god add toddlers.

• Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2015
    While I for my part am Pro Toddlers (especially since the change from baby to child seems so abrupt), I can very well understand that Toddlers for some people are too much work.

In SIms 3 Toddlers always are connected to the most stressful time in my Sims parent lives :D
    (due to the need to teach them potty, walking and speaking)
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    It doesn't really matter to me if they bring them back or not. I have never found that particular life stage
    very interesting (or fun). If they do bring it back I will probably do what I did in TS3. Age them up myself :)