Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please bring back package lots and sims

If it is possible please bring back packing of lots and sims the way it was done for sims 2 & 3

I love to makeover my homes and sims and usually do the community lots also, I like to package them all up and save in case I need to re install them.

Trying to save a lot or sim in TS4 is too hard, I did save one lot, then I added it to a new game made a few more changes and saved it again, it took forever to figure out which files where the new save and now it won't load into the game, so I have to keep making the changes over and over again.

I am the type of player if I get bored I like to dump my whole save file and start over, having no real way to save the lots I have to keep doing makeovers.

I tried to makeover the lots and then save a copy of the save file, but which do I save?? There are too many.....

Please find an easier way to package lots and sims

Thank you...(little rant over) :)
I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    kforti wrote: »
    If it is possible please bring back packing of lots and sims the way it was done for sims 2 & 3

I love to makeover my homes and sims and usually do the community lots also, I like to package them all up and save in case I need to re install them.

Trying to save a lot or sim in TS4 is too hard, I did save one lot, then I added it to a new game made a few more changes and saved it again, it took forever to figure out which files where the new save and now it won't load into the game, so I have to keep making the changes over and over again.

I am the type of player if I get bored I like to dump my whole save file and start over, having no real way to save the lots I have to keep doing makeovers.

I tried to makeover the lots and then save a copy of the save file, but which do I save?? There are too many.....

Please find an easier way to package lots and sims

Thank you...(little rant over) :)

I upload what I want to back up to the Gallery. It is a way.

However, I do agree an offline back-up option would be welcome too.
  • Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    I do save to the library/gallery, but if you delete the Tray folder you lose everything in your library. I do not want to upload some of the lots I save as I will sometimes download a lot someone else made and make a few changes and save for myself, as it is not mine I do not want to add to the gallery.
    Maybe they will make it easier with a patch or expansion......
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)