Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Little Bed & Breakfast: Challenge *Updated*

KiyomiLoveeKiyomiLovee Posts: 17 Member
UPDATES MADE:
+ Rule 2
+ Rule 4
+ New Section Added: A Way To Earn Money
+ Revised Side Objectives: To further be known as the 'Scoring' Section
+ New Section Added: FAQs
****Please note, there will be no more additions made to this challenge. This is now the FINAL version of this challenge.****

INTRODUCTION:
The B&B (Bed & Breakfast) Challenge is simple. There are just 2 MAIN objectives you have to complete in order to consider it a successful play through.

THE MAIN OBJECTIVES:
+ Build/Furnish Your Very Own Bed & Breakfast
+ Reach Level 10 in the Cooking, Handiness & Charisma Skills

THE "RULES"
1.) Create 1-2 owners for your Bed & Breakfast. One WILL make it more challenging, but lets be honest, its more fun when there's more than one Sim to play with. Its entirely up to you though.
NOTE: **If you have two owners, at least one of them needs to have the Neat trait.**

2.) NO MONEY CHEATS! The only cheat you are allowed to use is the ONE TIME use of the FreeRealEstate cheat. Use it to purchase either the 40x30 Yuma Heights Lot or the 50x50 Landgraab Lot; found in Oasis Springs. -OR- for the 40x30 Crump Umbrage Manor Lot or the 50x50 Oakenstead Lot; found in Willow Creek.

3.) Bulldoze the lot and build your own, three-level Bed & Breakfast. DO NOT FURNISH THE INSIDE AT THIS TIME!

THINGS TO REMEMBER:
Your B&B will need to cater to ONE particular audience.
**Example: Family Fun - or- Couples Getaway** AND, it should have some sort of theme. Example: Safari, Shabby Chic, etc.

Before taking in guests, your B&B (the first 2 levels), needs to have AT LEAST:
+ 1 Kitchen
+ 1 Dining room (formal or informal)
+ 1 Bathroom for every 2 sims that you expect to have on your lot.
** EXAMPLE: If you plan on having 6 guests, there needs to be at least 3 bathrooms within your B&B. **
+ 3 Guest Bedrooms
+ ONE activity area: this can include indoor or outdoor activities.

The third level is a personal apartment belonging to you and your co-owner (if you created one in CAS). This is the only level you should furnish before you start any actual game play.
You may use the family's starting funds to furnish the apartment however you like, but keep in mind you WILL have bills to pay and a majority of the income made from working (if you choose to work) will need to be put into furnishing the actual bed &
breakfast.

4.) **UPDATED 2/16/2015** You may begin furnishing the bottom 2 levels as soon as game play begins, but before you can actually begin taking in guests you need to have completed the following objectives:
1- Have at least level 7 Cooking skill. (No one wants to eat bad quality food & you don't want anyone getting sick. Can we say "liability interest?")
2- Have at least level 5 Handiness skill. (As owner, it is your responsibility to fix anything that needs to be repaired. It'll save money too!)
3- Have at least level 5 Charisma skill. (Customer Service is EVERYTHING!)

5.) Once you've finished furnishing ONLY the apartment, you must establish who will complete which objective(s).
If you have only one owner, you can skip this part, as you will need to complete all three objectives before taking in any guests, but if you have two owners, I recommend one Sim fulfill the level 7 cooking and level 5 charisma skill, while whoever has the Neat trait, also fulfills the level 5 handiness skill. It just makes sense. However, it is entirely up to you...

**NEW UPDATE 2/16/2015** - A WAY TO EARN MONEY

Alright, so 22CalPrincess suggested an AWESOME idea that will bring not only a way to earn money in this challenge, but also a way to earn your B&B a star rating. First, you will temporarily move your guests into your household for the duration of their "stay,"but DO NOT play them. Just leave their autonomy on high and let them go about their day. In order to establish income, you will base it off how well your guests stay went. In order to do this, you will assign a $ amount to each relationship level and then "money cheat" that amount into your sims funds once your sims "checkout" (meaning once you move them back out) - CREDIT: 22CalPrincess

INCOME AND STAR RATING 'CHART'
The following chart is created by me; based upon 22CalPrincess above suggestion.

- If, during their stay, your owner becomes BFFs with your guest, you will collect (money cheat) $300 at the end of their stay & your B&B will have earned a 3 star rating for that guests visit.
- If your owner becomes FRIENDS with the guest, you will collect $200 at the end of their stay & your B&B will have earned a 2 star rating for that guests visit.
- If your owner becomes ACQUAINTANCES with the guest, you will collect $100 at the end of their stay & your B&B will have earned a 1 star rating for that guests visit.
- If your owner ends up having a negative relationship with the guest, you will deduct $350 from your sims funds as a REFUND to the guest for having a bad experience, and obviously, you will receive a 0 or "no star" rating for this guests visit. (Just be thankful they can't leave a bad review)

****QUICK NOTE: The refund is $300 because you had the potential to earn that amount for the stay + $50 as courtesy payment for their trouble.****

Okay, That's it! The game play can officially begin. Once you've completely furnished your Bed & Breakfast and reached level 10 in the Cooking, Handiness, and Charisma skill, you have successfully completed the challenge. *UPDATE 2/16/2015* I originally said this challenge did not have a scoring system, BUT for the players who like to keep score, I thought I'd keep it simple and add points for the side objectives I previously listed. So, keep reading to find out how to earn points.

**NEW UPDATE: 2/16/2015** SCORING:
+ Post a pic of your owner(s) and their completed B&B here, within this thread (10 points.)
+ Make 10 friends (30 points)
+ Pass the B&B on to the next generation (In a Legacy type fashion) (30 points)
+ Upgrade 10 objects in your B&B (20 points)
+ Repair at least 15 objects in your B&B (15 points)
+ Receive a Gold Medal for successfully completing a wedding at your B&B. (25 points)
+ Receive a Gold Medal for successfully completing a House Party (Dinner Party) at your B&B. (Have guests dress for the occasion/theme) (25 points)
+ Receive a Gold Medal for successfully completing a Birthday Party at your B&B. (Perfect challenge if your B&B caters to Family Fun) (25 points)
+ Have your entire Bed & Breakfast be worth be at least 200,000 simoleons. (35 points)

**NEW UPDATE 2/16/2015** FAQ
- Can we make guests for the B&B? Yes, you can create sims to stay at your B&B. I want this to be just as much fun as it is challenging. But remember, this IS a challenge; don't cheat yourself. MIX UP the personalities so that you are ensuring a different guest experience, while also ensuring a challenge is still being met.
Post edited by KiyomiLovee on

Comments

• Options
    MultiapplecatMultiapplecat Posts: 16 Member
    This sounds like a really good challenge, it sounds really challenging! I'll try it and I'll update on how the challenge went, it sounds very interesting :)
  • Options
    > @Multiapplecat said:
    > This sounds like a really good challenge, it sounds really challenging! I'll try it and I'll update on how the challenge went, it sounds very interesting :)

I'm so glad you're going to try it. When I wasn't getting any takers I thought I hadn't explained it well enough, but I'm glad you found it exciting and I can't wait to see your updates. If you have any suggestions or anything let me know! :)
  • Options
    UPDATE/EXPLANATION:
    One thing I didn't really emphasize in the original post is that you can begin furnishing the very moment you begin game play, but you can't actually begin taking on guests until you've reached the level 7 cooking, and level 5 in Handiness and Charisma skills.
    Again, I really hope everyone who actually tries this challenge enjoys it and shares it with a friend.
  • Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    I love the challenge! I'm a hotel manager in RL so this is right up my alley. I was thinking, once you built your B&B you could temporarily add sims to your family for the duration of their "stay" and just not play them. If you leave autonomy on high for inactive sims they will just go about their day in the B&B. Perhaps after the stay you could use a cheat to add money to your sims funds based on how their stay went. For instance, assign a dollar amount to each relationship level and base your income off that. If your host became BFF with a guest it's worth more than just a friend or an acquaintance, and if any guest ends with a negative relationship bar you could deduct $ from your funds and consider it a refund for a bad stay!
  • Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    I've never seen any challenge like this before, how awesome! Super great idea. I might just have to try it out soon.
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    > @totalRainbow said:
    > I've never seen any challenge like this before, how awesome! Super great idea. I might just have to try it out soon.

:smiley: Thanks Rainbow, I truly hope you do! I mentioned its not a fully tested challenge and I actually just started this version myself. Its definitely proving to be a challenge straight out of the gate since building the B&B took up all of my simoleons except a 1000. Whats a girl to do with that? Lol. I've got my sims studying at the library, and I can see that collecting is going to be a HUGE contributor to this play through! Let me know when/if you start okay?
  • Options
    > @22calprincess said:
    > I love the challenge! I'm a hotel manager in RL so this is right up my alley. I was thinking, once you built your B&B you could temporarily add sims to your family for the duration of their "stay" and just not play them. If you leave autonomy on high for inactive sims they will just go about their day in the B&B. Perhaps after the stay you could use a cheat to add money to your sims funds based on how their stay went. For instance, assign a dollar amount to each relationship level and base your income off that. If your host became BFF with a guest it's worth more than just a friend or an acquaintance, and if any guest ends with a negative relationship bar you could deduct $ from your funds and consider it a refund for a bad stay!

CalPrincess!!! I love this idea. :smiley: The way it stands now, its really only a build challenge, but your suggestion would totally make it playable beyond just the building. I can also see how your suggestion incorporates an almost "3 star" rating system since if your BFF's with a guest its like a 3 star rating for the stay, a 2 star rating for friends and a 1 star rating for an acquaintance. Annnddd, as you said, if you get the negative relationship its like a 0 rating (if that's possible, Lol) and that guest gets a refund.

If you don't mind, I will incorporate this into the original post and credit it as your suggestion. Whaddya' say?
  • Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Yes you may absolutely use the idea! I'm so glad you liked it!
  • Options
    > @22calprincess said:
    > Yes you may absolutely use the idea! I'm so glad you liked it!

Thanks girlie! I have incorporated it into the official challenge information and rules. Thank you again for sharing; I think your idea is going to seriously make the challenge that much more fun to play :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I actually started in on a legacy of my own. I'm trying to build up membership status here on the forums so I can post all the fancy pictures and links for it and get my cute sims some attention. But I've just been playing slowly for now. Just for fun, I may just build a B&B for my town and throw a few pre-made townies in every other generation to spice up the gene pool for my legacy! But once I got the time I would love to try this out. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    > @totalRainbow said:
    > I actually started in on a legacy of my own. I'm trying to build up membership status here on the forums so I can post all the fancy pictures and links for it and get my cute sims some attention. But I've just been playing slowly for now. Just for fun, I may just build a B&B for my town and throw a few pre-made townies in every other generation to spice up the gene pool for my legacy! But once I got the time I would love to try this out. :)

Oh cool! I started a legacy a few weeks ago, but then my game corrupted at the beginning of the second gen and I was so upset I just stopped playing. I was actually enjoying it bcuz it was the first time I was getting through one without giving in, so I just may start a new one and do a blog for it. Whenever you do get the opportunity to post pics and stuff, let me know and I'll check it out :)
  • Options
    > @KiyomiLovee said:
    > Oh cool! I started a legacy a few weeks ago, but then my game corrupted at the beginning of the second gen and I was so upset I just stopped playing. I was actually enjoying it bcuz it was the first time I was getting through one without giving in, so I just may start a new one and do a blog for it. Whenever you do get the opportunity to post pics and stuff, let me know and I'll check it out :)

Totally! And if you start a blog for your new legacy, let me know!! Thanks :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    This sounds really interesting :)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the url to my legacy blog - bluethundakat.wordpress.com

How's your B&B going!? Is the challenge becoming a real challenge lol!?
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    > @totalRainbow said:
    > Here's the url to my legacy blog - bluethundakat.wordpress.com
    >
    > How's your B&B going!? Is the challenge becoming a real challenge lol!?

Hey Rainbow! Yeah... my B&B became a real challenge early because I think I kinda overshot the project; especially in terms of size of the B&B. But like I mentioned in an earlier post, collecting is a major help in this challenge. Its still difficult, but if I depended on their job income alone.. it'd be totally painful! Lol. Gonna go check out your blog out now :)
  • Options
    @‌totalRainbow

just looked at the blog. I love the set up and I'm falling in love with the "us against the world" couple, also known as Ellen and Malcolm. Very cute! I actually haven't played the Sims 4 in a few days, but you just inspired me to go and load it up. I took a break from the B&B to start a new legacy the last time we talked, so it'll be nice to get back to them and see their story continue to unfold. Keep up the good work. I will definitely follow.