Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Granite Falls Help You Gain An Open World Feel?

A lot of complaints come from the fact that "The Sims 4" doesn't have that open world aspect of the game although most people keep forgetting there are public spaces that you can travel around freely. I was just wondering with The Sims 4 "Outdoor Retreat" latest world "Granite Falls" does this give you an open world feel despite still loading to other lots. I personally am frequently finding my Sims getting lost in the woods from the large spaces especially in the national forest, although the campsite is quite large too. I'm enjoying the fact that I'm not restricted to camping just on lots but anywhere at all in the public spaces of the woods as well including camping out back in the main worlds of Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. Here are a few of my screenshots of camping out in public spaces but do you feel less restricted here. I personally love the large size and the beauty it brings. I never had issues at all with the neighborhood set up of "The Sims 4" but if it can be large like this I would have no complaints then either.

XD75GhB.png

WOUKf9c.png

wgk8jvg.png

WClvEF0.png

46OezHm.png

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I feel exactly the same. The "woods neighborhood" has no loading screen at all. This is the right direction for S4.
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    Yes, it does. :)

• Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    I really like the way this outdoor retreat went. I like that my sims can wander, like the did in the open world in Sims 3.
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Hopefully the next neighborhood can make things bigger. Not Sims necessarily but the neighborhood would be cool! Granite Falls did well and I'm happy to get lost anytime for my Sims!
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes! I absolutely loved this about Granite Falls! It offers an "open world" feel while staying within the constraints of the Sims 4 engine. I hope so fervently that the future game packs and expansions(if they include a world) will follow this model. Even in the base worlds, I am enjoying finding "miniature lots" scattered around the different neighborhoods where I can harvest plants, fish, sit, etc.

Can you imagine the retail district in the upcoming expansion being like that? It's so exciting! So much potential! I can feel the PEPS! lol
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    it does, unless you visit any lot :(
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    No. They're just community lots, basically.
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    right it's just basically a community lot with painted backgrounds.
  • Options
    gregariousgregarious Posts: 84 Member
    I feel like I'm back in The Sims 3 :)