Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February 3 Update won't show up? - SOLVED

plantghostplantghost Posts: 25 Member
I've been trying to update my game and the update won't show up in my Origin! I've tried reloading my games and Right click > check for updates numerous time! I even took out my mods to see if that would help but it hasn't. I don't know what to do! I'm still at game version 1.3.18.1010
Post edited by plantghost on

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @plantghost ive been having issues updating i think there s origin server issues.. my first problem is i know there a new origin update but i couldnt get it to show up. i say reboot your system and try again i just was able to get origin to show theres a new update for it. next im going to try updating the game.

remember to pull mods folder if you have one and please make a back up of your sim 4 folder before patching. just right click on my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 and paste a copy of it on your desktop
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ok i just updated both origin and the game and just ran my first test game. though i did get a note from origin saying servers are slow.
  • Options
    @ceejay402 I can't get Origin to show that it needs to update! I've restarted my computer and logged out and logged back into Origin and still nothing. :/
  • Options
    Update!!!! The weirdest thing happened. After every "check for update" attempt I went and checked my game version and it was still the 1.3 version. I got sick of waiting eventually and just opened my game to play, but I noticed the game's startup screen looked different, so I checked the game version again and it had updated! I don't know how or why that happened but I'll take it.