Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if The Sims 4 was a The Sims Remake?

Hey, I was wondering. You know since a lot of people on the forums were saying that The Sims 4 doesn't really seem like a sequel to the original The Sims?

Well what if they just made The Sims 4 you know as a remake of the original The Sims game? You know kind of like a reboot or something. Afterall it does seem to take place in a alternate reality to The Sims.

So, what do you think it would be like if The Sims 4 was actually a remake of the Original The Sims? The Sims 3 could've been the last installment of the original game. It seems that the Pancakes household was based off of Bob and Betty Newbie from the original game and The Goth Family is from the original game.

So while being a remake it could've still came with some of the features and families from the original game. I was just thinking after all the threads of people complaining about the game not seeming like a sequel and was just wandering. What it was seen as a remake of the original the sims? I'm not complaining like the others I was just wondering what you all thought of it being a remake. I'm enjoying playing The Sims 4 and I might just either think of it as a remake or a sequel. Please share you ideas. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    its a poor remake of a reboot series
    which makes it unacceptable
    UNACCEPTABLE!!!

as UNACCEPTABLE AS THE HONEY BOO BOO TV SERIES!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6082-1355240156-5.gif
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Even if it was meant to be a remake it still failed. The original Sims were full of charm, and there were many humorous things in it. Real humor not potty humor. Don't insult the original by comparing it to this thing they released.
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    There's something about the first two games that The Sims 4 will never be able to capture. I miss the original devs :(
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    I think that devs are not the point. I'm sure they'd make the best sim-game. The problem is in EA. The company choosed a wrong concept of The Sims.
    bc028f35.png
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    TS1 was incredibly dark and cynical. It was funny. TS2 was even more so. TS3 started to lose it. TS4 is different than all 3.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    TS1 was incredibly dark and cynical. It was funny. TS2 was even more so. TS3 started to lose it. TS4 is different than all 3.

The Sims 4 has some dark to it... ;)

*cough* Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab. *cough*
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Marble9 wrote: »
    I think that devs are not the point. I'm sure they'd make the best sim-game. The problem is in EA. The company choosed a wrong concept of The Sims.
    Ah yes, that's why The Sims usually functions on an alpha/beta-like environment. In roughly 8 years of total development time for The Sims 3 they couldn't handle myriads of bugs, optimization issues, illogical databases, core engine flaws, etc., and we are already seeing that pattern here again. While EA has been a negative impact on the franchise, the developers have played a big role in it too, and I can say this with not the slightest doubt, they are not able to produce a high quality game.
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »

Not the dark I'm talking about... For example. TS2 had a pleasure aspiration and cutscenes that were the most amazing thing in the world...

See what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xk7Ii1YVvM
  • Options
    Marble9 wrote: »

Maxis probably wanted to make one of the greatest Sims games ever (it already is in my eyes), but due to EA's strict release date to their money-hungry ways, Maxis failed to do so. Maxis is not at fault, it is EA and their money-hungry ways.

The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips. ;)
  • Options
    Not the dark I'm talking about... For example. TS2 had a pleasure aspiration and cutscenes that were the most amazing thing in the world...

See what I mean:

I also loved the cutscenes, but I found them annoying after awhile.
  • Options

See what I mean:

I also loved the cutscenes, but I found them annoying after awhile.

tsnnosense-dc2885225cbcb517bfea1ae528f56428.gif
  • Options
    tsnnosense-dc2885225cbcb517bfea1ae528f56428.gif

Justine Keaton. ;)
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    The Sims 4 replaced all of the original and creative aspects of The Sims with plain, boring and childish gameplay. The Sims 1 and 2 pushed the boundaries of what made the game rated T. The Sims 4 looks like it's rated 7+ because I assume only 7 year olds can find angry poops to be hilarious and innovative.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member

See what I mean:

Remember when Woohoo was much more intimate in The Sims 2?
    compared to The Sims 4?
    I remember
    -sigh-
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Several others have mentioned this and I think they're right. Sims 4 is a remake of the failed Sims Online MMO that they never released. That explains so many of the bizarre decisions and game design.

Neighborhoods have to be small to accommodate the hundreds of individual players online at a time on a server.

No toddlers because an online MMO isn't going to be focused on single player family play, but rather interactions between players. Therefore we have the focus on partying and ridiculous jobs. Family trees are not necessary because players are not going to be playing generations as a legacy in an online MMO.

No terrain editing makes perfect sense because the main world has to be the same for everyone on that server.

Finally take away the sandbox style of previous Sims games in favor of RPG type goal oriented play because sandbox wouldn't make sense for an online MMO with hundreds of individual players playing at the same time. All players must see the same world and therefore options to "play as you want" have to be limited to maintain consistency across the server.

Once you look at Sims4 as a remake of the failed Sims MMO, everything makes sense. And yes, Graham is right, a lot of the features people want would be too expensive and too hard because the initial engine was developed as a MMO, not single player.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Well you could count me out on it. If the future Sims games are like this one, I'd seek therapy to erase this game from my mind.
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Well you could count me out on it. If the future Sims games are like this one, I'd seek therapy to erase this game from my mind.
    Hopefully it won't go down the route of other games I've played. Different company and everything but Final Fantasy went to crap and kept going down since. Happened to some other franchises I liked too.

I almost feel cursed since this keeps happening to whatever I touch. :#
    Let them eat cake.