Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Squirrel Infestation

Help! My yard is over run by squirrels and chipmunks! What do I do?

Comments

• Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I've had this happen before, I usually just ignore them, but! I've read somewhere that you get them from raking and disposing of the leaf piles. If you burn the leaf piles they don't come. However, once you have them, I might be mistaken, but can't you catch them? You could just catch them and sell them... If you can catch them. If not you can always try using moveobjects and delete them.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2015
    It might be possible to type in the buydebug cheat and then go into Build/Buy mode to find the Spawner and delete it.

I never know when to include or not include some information, but in case anyone doesn't know - the testing cheat has to be on before the buydebug cheat can be used :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    You can sell them in buy mode iirc.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I use the testingcheatsenabled cheat and shift+click them and delete them. Pesky little buggers.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Lol that happens to me all the time. I just keep them around cause they're cute. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I've been turning on buydebug and locating the spawners then deleting them. THEN remove all trees from the lot so as not to have them again. Pesky little critters >:)
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Do these come with the pets EP? I hate that EP, lol, so I pretty much have never seen this.

I did try it out recently (it has been almost a year since I last had it on my computer) to see if I still didn't like it. I got super annoyed at all the dog dig sites that kept replacing my spawners. I play witches and they need those spawners for their elixirs. Every dog dig site was a lost gem, metal, or insect.

ANYWAYS......*forces self back on track*.....I use NRAAS mods so I went there and did a search to see what I could do about those dig sites. There is a way to remove them all from the entire world at once through the courthouse menu. I am assuming that in the same manner, that you could remove all the rodent spawners.

This is done using Master Controller Cheats -- follow the below directions....

-click on the city hall and go to the menu NRAAS/Master Controller/Town/Object Stats

-it may take a while to load everything but you will be looking through the looooooong list for anything that says spawner and has rodents or squirrels or whatever you are trying to flush out.

I looked for petobjects.digsite. Clicked on that, went through the approval process by clicking the accept button and I was free of all the dig sites till the next time they spawned. They are evil, they come back like some possessed roach or something because you can't completely get rid of them.

There is also a way to tune things to reduce the amount of spawning, I have no idea how to do that but you can search the NRAAS site for information.
  • Options
    ShiWhendimShiWhendim Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Options
    strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    I used to get this a lot too. They appeared after I cleaned up leaves that had been on my lot. I just catch them then sell them. ^_^;; Or ignore them because it's too much effort to deal with them. lol.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Unleash the cats! >:)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/