Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where can I safely download winrar?

Timoth26Timoth26 Posts: 412 Member
Hey, where can I download WinRAR safely from? I need to download this to open some custome content files but don't want to get any viruses on my computer. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    rarlab.com isn't working?
  • Options
    Timoth26Timoth26 Posts: 412 Member
    Not sure I haven't tried that one. Thanks.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015
    Download 7zip instead. It can unzip .rar files and it's free. WinRAR isn't actually free.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Download 7zip instead. It can unzip .rar files and it's free. WinRAR isn't actually free.

I think they have a free trial which you can keep renewing.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

I think they have a free trial which you can keep renewing.

From what I remember when I used it (which granted was a long time ago, I think I was still using Vista), when the trial ran out the program wouldn't stop you from using it, but there was a nag screen that came up every time telling you to buy it. That's why I decided to go with the completely free 7zip. It's better anyway.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I had WinRAR and the free trial ran on forever. I didn't have to pay anything.
  • Options
    Alright, I'm sorry I mentioned it. Use WinRAR if you want.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Always good to have choices, Allspice.

I use Winrar as it's the only one I ever knew about and I am happy enough with it. I can avoid the nag screen if I right click on folders and unzip them that way.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited January 2015
    I prefer WinRAR but let's just say some things needed to happen in order to get rid of that dumb nagging screen.

I use Winrar as it's the only one I ever knew about and I am happy enough with it. I can avoid the nag screen if I right click on folders and unzip them that way.

This is also an efficient way to use WinRAR without having to worry about that screen that always pop up.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member

Was just about to mention that.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015

I've had WinRAR for years and never had to purchase it. I just get an 'opening in x number of seconds' before I can use it.

To the OP: ralab.com is the official site for WinRAR. Don't download it from anywhere else.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I use WinRAR and if you use right/click then you don't get the nag screen...Ive used it for years

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I use WinRAR and if you use right/click then you don't get the nag screen...Ive used it for years

wait what :) what right/click ive got the nag screen
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

when you have the file on desktop, right click-extract to (filename)- and you don't get nag screen

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

when you have the file on desktop, right click-extract to (filename)- and you don't get nag screen
    thanks! i never even dreamed the dream
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Whats the nag screen? LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Whats the nag screen? LOL
    ha! its the screen that pops up when you use the program to remind you your free trial has ended.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited January 2015

Ceejay you are too funny!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    taynguyenemakataynguyenemaka Posts: 1 New Member
    You can download winrar free safely from: winrarfree.net. At here winrar for window, mac os, ubuntu....
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    7-zip is definitely the way to go.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I used to use winwar, but switched to 7zip.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Hm. A little confused. I used both zip and rar in the past, but the recent years I did not need any specific software running to open those archives. Instead of extracting files, I just open and copy/paste. Isn't this possible for all? I'm on Win 8.1.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    OP’s question was answered over three and a half years ago. 7zip was suggested back then as well. This thread should probably be closed.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    OP’s question was answered over three and a half years ago. 7zip was suggested back then as well. This thread should probably be closed.

I'm going to leave this open on the grounds that there are always new archiving/unarchiving tools showing up and this thread is still of use in that regard (also I also adore 7-zip, if folks want an alternative).

Carry on!

~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.