Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Shower

It would be really nice we could throw a baby shower for pregnant sims....

Comments

• Options
    Miranda0233Miranda0233 Posts: 91 Member
    Yes! I wonder why this wasn't included...
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    YES PLEASE to this!!! I want my pregnant Sims to be able to receive gifts for taking care of baby (not JUST a regular party wherein they would celebrate the Sim being pregnant)
  • Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2015
    sinks these days are designed oval-shaped. big open space for a baby bath. let's do it. :persevere:
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    That would be so cool! But then maybe add more to do with a baby, like baby bath or toys or something! Idk, if they add in baby showers now, your Sims wouldn't get many gifts because there's like nothing for babies in the game and no toddlers....
  • Options
    DrkLvlyDrkLvly Posts: 6 New Member
    So true....it would be nice to actuall use the gifts from the baby shower before the baby is even born....we cannot even change the babies clothes, i wouldnt mine being able to put a bow in the baby girls hair lol
  • Options
    list some things that you would like if you dont mind....i'll start....walker
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Awwhhhh I'd like to add cute little bows too!
    A walker would be fun, one of those swing seat things, a bath, teething rings maybe!? I don't even know what babies need omg there has to be people more creative than me out there.
  • Options
    we already had the high chair, potty, and etc...i would like something different especially to be able to throw a baby shower
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I love this idea, but I wish we could do more with the babies as well.
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I like this idea also. How about wedding showers too?
  • Options
    JKeaton147JKeaton147 Posts: 79 Member
    What a cute Idea! I love it.
  • Options
    JKeaton147JKeaton147 Posts: 79 Member
    > @Junebug6620 said:
    > I like this idea also. How about wedding showers too?

yes wedding showers

I miss bachelor parties too.
  • Options
    JKeaton147 wrote: »
    > @Junebug6620 said:
    > I like this idea also. How about wedding showers too?

yes wedding showers

I miss bachelor parties too.

Bachelor parties would be great too! I thought of a few more---tea parties (no-that doesn't "date" me as I have seen books out there showing how to have a tea party--must be a lost art); and little girls could do this also-have "tea" with their friends, book (reading) parties, home decorating parties, lingerie parties and further down the line---dog birthday parties. What do you think of those?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Don't they offer mainly baby gifts in those? Babies don't have any objects and toddlers aren't in... I mean.. hey it's a baby shower let's give the mother a chair or an oven..is that how it works? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2015
    Great idea. would love to see baby showers added. I would also like to see more family oriented conversation options. As it stands, you share big news and your sims partner is like "oh, great." eventually you can ask to feel baby, but what about reading, talking or even singing to tummy?
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Don't they offer mainly baby gifts in those? Babies don't have any objects and toddlers aren't in... I mean.. hey it's a baby shower let's give the mother a chair or an oven..is that how it works? xD

Good point, Sigzy05.
    You are correct. They would have to implement more items for a baby into the game, first.
    At this point, a Sim could only gift a rug, pictures, a chair, toys, or decor for the room. It would be nice to have a changing table, rocker, bassinet, crib, high chair, swing, blankets, clothes and other items be a possibility.

Kaylen34 wrote: »
    Great idea. would love to see baby showers added. I would also like to see more family oriented conversation options. As it stands, you share big news and your sims partner is like "oh, great." eventually you can ask to feel baby, but what about reading, talking or even singing to tummy?

Kaylen34--Agree with your response also. Their isn't much variety of expression that the Sims do when given the big news, is there? I rather thought it was like "Whoop de doo", also--with no inflection or change of tone, basically monotone responses. My guess is, most Sims are NOT too thrilled to be having kids... :neutral_face: I dunno....

• Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    I actually like the way parties are structured in TS4, and am all for as many varieties as they'll give us. Baby showers would be awesome (provided there was more for babies in general), along with wedding showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, cocktail parties, holiday parties, etc. I also love the idea of a book club. If nectar comes back into the game at some point, I hope they give us wine glasses to drink it out of instead of the ugly tumblers from TS3. I mean, we already have bar drinks in martini and highball glasses, so why not?
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Oh, this sounds wonderful! I want these in my game, we need more family/baby objects and options! ^.^ (also more baby clothes, diapers, pacifiers and different eye colors for babies, also ability to carry them freely, even if it requires something big)