Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheats removed?

So today my sister was playing Sims 4 and working on a house. But she was running low on funds so she decided to do Kaching. Didn't work. Motherlode. Didn't work. Moveobjects on. Doesn't work. The only cheats that do work are help and testingcheats true/false.

Honestly EA, the game is bad enough but taking out cheats which is practically a lifeline for some players and now you've taken them out. Honestly, why did you people even buy this crap game?

Comments

• Options
    Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    I don't know what is going on but would try to repair the game. I've used all the cheats you've described as well as others and haven't had any problems using them since the patch.
  • Options
    thundergimmickthundergimmick Posts: 140 Member
    I haven't had a problem. Try right clicking your game and repairing it.
    tumblr_mjgcdaX8gw1rfyso2o1_500.gif
  • Options
    figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    How do you repair the game?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    How do you repair the game?

Exit the game. Open Origin, select My Games, right-click The Sims 4, select Repair Game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > figureitout01 wrote: »
    >
    > How do you repair the game?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exit the game. Open Origin, select My Games, right-click The Sims 4, select Repair Game.

tried it and now they still won't work
  • Options
    Do you have any Mods or CC? Try moving all those out temporarily.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Do you have any Mods or CC? Try moving all those out temporarily.

non at all
  • Options
    Okay. Try this pair of steps:

Origin > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game

full cache refresh:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    If you still have problems, you might try starting over at #1, but move the items back in this order, starting the game again each time: Options.ini, Saves, Tray, Mods, finally everything else. This will help you isolate the problem content.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Okay. Try this pair of steps:
    >
    > Origin > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game
    >
    > full cache refresh:
    > 1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    > 2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    > 3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    > 4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    > If you still have problems, you might try starting over at #1, but move the items back in this order, starting the game again each time: Options.ini, Saves, Tray, Mods, finally everything else. This will help you isolate the problem content.

It worked. Thanks