Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make Sims Sad or Angry?

SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
Hey all -

Does anyone know a fast, sure-fire and easy way to make your Sims to be Sad or Angry? For my story I'd like one of my teen Sims to go through her angst period...
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Get one of your other sims to say mean things to her, that will provoke her and make her angry :)
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited September 2014
    if you live in a nice house/mansion its not possible.. if thats the case youd need to be outside.. the nice house would give too many happy mood lets that any anger or sadness wont happen. (unless you had a room full of sad/angry paintings then that would work)

my sim once had anger +3 and was still happy cus of my mansion so yeah even with trying its not really possible if your house is nice.
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    get them a bf or gf and cheat on them.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    Yeah, unfortunately my Sims live in a really nice mansion. I don't want to have to have Sims randomly be screaming at her. Is there any object or interaction that makes a Sim Sad or Angry? (Sort of how like "Psych Self Up" or "Brush Teeth" can boost Confidence?)
  • Options
    pourpuffpourpuff Posts: 2 New Member
    The easiest and most surefire way to get sims angry is pretty simple.
    1. Wait for your sim to get angry at something and immediately go to the fridge and "make special recipe - Angry Flaming Spaghetti". Make the party or family size so that you can save the leftovers and eat the flaming spaghetti any time you want to get angry. Usually the angry emotion wears off while cooking so you can either eat the spaghetti or just save the whole platter for later.
    2. Eat your flaming spaghetti any time that you wish your sim to get angry and make the special recipe again as needed (while angry).

Also, if you wish your sim to be angry almost all the time, you can paint an angry painting, enable the emotional aurora, and hang it on the wall. Paint many angry paintings and hang them in every room for an almost 24/7 angry sim. (And eat lots of angry flaming spaghetti!)

Hope this helped!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    pourpuff wrote: »
    The easiest and most surefire way to get sims angry is pretty simple.<br />
    1. Wait for your sim to get angry at something and immediately go to the fridge and "make special recipe - Angry Flaming Spaghetti". Make the party or family size so that you can save the leftovers and eat the flaming spaghetti any time you want to get angry. Usually the angry emotion wears off while cooking so you can either eat the spaghetti or just save the whole platter for later. <br />
    2. Eat your flaming spaghetti any time that you wish your sim to get angry and make the special recipe again as needed (while angry).<br />
    <br />
    Also, if you wish your sim to be angry almost all the time, you can paint an angry painting, enable the emotional aurora, and hang it on the wall. Paint many angry paintings and hang them in every room for an almost 24/7 angry sim. (And eat lots of angry flaming spaghetti!)<br />
    <br />
    Hope this helped!

facepalm.jpg

Don't you dare start a bumping war... I will surely win. ;)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    kill parents so you can turn them into a future superhero/villain
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    My sims get sad when they ask the future cube about love life and it responds "not so bright" lol! Also when they donate money on the computer to a fake charity.
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    My sims get sad when I do not get them a cake or throw them a birthday party.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Evil sims always manage to make my sims angry.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I could never manage to make my evil sim angry, unfortunately. He had too much fun making others miserable. But now I'm wondering if I get him to make his wife angry and have her make angry pasta, if that would be enough to get him mad. It would be nice to finish the deviance aspiration. It would have to override the positive buffs he gets when making other people mad.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    Uninstall the game, should really tick them off :D
  • Options
    MetalMiztressMetalMiztress Posts: 9 New Member
    I find that getting my sim to mourn a grave gives a 4 hour sad moodlet :smiley:
  • Options
    sakagunsakagun Posts: 85 Member
    One of my sims had twins. one of them grew up and she realized that she has a sister. Then she was so angry :D I guess she was jealous. I just wanted to share this memory :)
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Just use the townies, Kill one and place the grave in the garden, than you can mourn and get the sad moodlet when ever you want. ( and don't want, Sims love to leave the stove to mourn -_- )
    And for angry just do mean interaction with someone on the street.

Oh and if you level up painting you can paint emotional pictures... Same works with the woodwork table as far I know
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Sims gets sad when they loose a gaming competition
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Take a picture, make it a memory and make it either a angry or sad and click reminisce and it will give them that emotion.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    if you live in a nice house/mansion its not possible.. if thats the case youd need to be outside.. the nice house would give too many happy mood lets that any anger or sadness wont happen. (unless you had a room full of sad/angry paintings then that would work)

my sim once had anger +3 and was still happy cus of my mansion so yeah even with trying its not really possible if your house is nice.

This is so ridiculous. I don't mean what you said is ridiculous, I mean the fact that in a simulation game there is no way to make your sim upset if they live in a nice house. Think about how silly that sounds EA. People get sad, angry, upset, etc....no matter what conditions they live in. More proof that this game was never about emotions and is just a series of stupid mood whims.
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    Schantal wrote: »

This is so ridiculous. I don't mean what you said is ridiculous, I mean the fact that in a simulation game there is no way to make your sim upset if they live in a nice house. Think about how silly that sounds EA. People get sad, angry, upset, etc....no matter what conditions they live in. More proof that this game was never about emotions and is just a series of stupid mood whims.

You could try turning off the happy emotional auras

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    There are no cheats to do this?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    My painter Sim created masterpiece paintings for each of the emotions. I have them hanging in the dining room. When I want someone to have a certain mood, I turn on the emotional aura and take them in there. If I have them view the painting as well, that bumps it up. If I need them to be that way in a different room, I move the painting.
  • Options
    Its_Kay_SeeIts_Kay_See Posts: 1 New Member
    SilentSpy0 wrote: »
    Hey all -

Does anyone know a fast, sure-fire and easy way to make your Sims to be Sad or Angry? For my story I'd like one of my teen Sims to go through her angst period...

I made my sim mad by making her an enemy with her ex
  • Options
    KookieSpringKookieSpring Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by KookieSpring on
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    if you live in a nice house/mansion its not possible.. if thats the case youd need to be outside.. the nice house would give too many happy mood lets that any anger or sadness wont happen....

Not necessarily. It is also trait-dependent.

My Childish Sim became Sad in his very nice home when a Mean relative smashed his dollhouse.

That said, negative moods are much more difficult to trigger deliberately, especially without the assistance of other Sims.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have all the emotional paintings in seperate little rooms on the gallery.

WmmwuzI.png

Angry

Flirty

Sad

Playfull

Confident

or if you have a rich sim in one big room

b7l7VCM.png
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F4205911F08711E885846995527B6279

You can click on the paintings to activate or deactivate the emotions ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top