Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, where in the world did that come from?

First I want to mention, none of the sims living in the household I'm playing has the evil trait. While I was dealing with one of the other sims in the home, I heard this really loud evil laugh, so I paused my game and found this guy doing it. He is the husband, and him and his wife are completely devoted to each other. He also has one child that he loves very much. This is a close nit family. Out of the blue he did....well it will be easier to see a picture.

10923576_411124412371193_2211786122031478294_n.jpg?oh=09c5923823ae47bc0bb71caa8a30c375&oe=553FB462

He does not have any traits that would cause anything like this to happen. Would him being a vampire have anything to do with him acting this way?

Comments

• Options
    Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    I'm not aware of a vampire doing this... Sims goes for the sparkly vampires rather than the evil bat vampires. That is interesting. I think, what you have there, is a psychopath... :P
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Sometimes if a sim, who was created from a sim that was saved as a household, will have some of the mannerisms of the traits from the original sim. Not always, but sometimes.

I noticed this first with a sim who had had the snob trait . When I placed her in game from my saved households I edited her in CAS and changed her traits. Throughout the game she kept running to the mirror. I've also noticed this with the neat trait. So now I will often create my sims with some traits I like but don't really want to take up the first 5 slots, then I save them in their own household. Before using them in game I change their traits to the ones I really want. Sometimes this works, but not that often.

I'm not sure if there are more then 5 slots for traits but we can only see the five. Or else if there is some residual personality/default action triggers left over from the original traits.
  • Options
    > @cwaddell said:
    > Sometimes if a sim, who was created from a sim that was saved as a household, will have some of the mannerisms of the traits from the original sim. Not always, but sometimes.
    >
    > I noticed this first with a sim who had had the snob trait . When I placed her in game from my saved households I edited her in CAS and changed her traits. Throughout the game she kept running to the mirror. I've also noticed this with the neat trait. So now I will often create my sims with some traits I like but don't really want to take up the first 5 slots, then I save them in their own household. Before using them in game I change their traits to the ones I really want. Sometimes this works, but not that often.
    >
    > I'm not sure if there are more then 5 slots for traits but we can only see the five. Or else if there is some residual personality/default action triggers left over from the original traits.

This reminds me of one time I had my sim marry a townie, and then gave him a total makeover. His sim was originally really fat, but I made him quite skinny. All the time after that, he always seemed to gain weight SO FAST. He wouldn't become as fat as orginally, but he became considerably chubby. I even gave him the fast metabolism liftetime reward to try and combat it, and it didn't work!

I kind of just had my sim love him for his chubby self eventually.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,124 Member
    This reminds me of one time I had my sim marry a townie, and then gave him a total makeover. His sim was originally really fat, but I made him quite skinny. All the time after that, he always seemed to gain weight SO FAST. He wouldn't become as fat as orginally, but he became considerably chubby. I even gave him the fast metabolism liftetime reward to try and combat it, and it didn't work!

That happened with My sim too!!! I was wondering why he kept getting FAT for no reason after I changed him! And yeah, I gave him that lifetime reward and am now working on his athletic skill but yeah, he would plump back up the next day!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who experienced a problem with that. ;)

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
    Same here, I have a saved sim who had the neat trait and redid her but she won't stop being a neat freak. Maybe from now on when I make sims I will save them WITHOUT traits!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited January 2015

Maybe he's become possessed :scream:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

Maybe he's become possessed :scream:

I like that one. With that sim, I never created him or copied him, he is the original EA sim. For more information on this sim here is it.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bronson_Littler
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    Maybe he just pulled a prank on someone? Do they do the whole evil behavior when they pull a prank on another sim?
  • Options
    He has never pulled a prank on anyone, and has never done anything mean either.
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/355901.page

I was looking around trying to see if sims do the evil laugh when they become vampires and I found this thread on the forum. I only realized afterward that it was a thread that you had posted. This makes me wonder if having evil traits is either a glitch or an intentional characteristic of vampirism in the Sims 3
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Wow that was from a long time ago. After reading that post of mine I recalled that game, it was quit interesting to say the least. I can't even tell you the number of times Vladimir decided to kick the bucket on me before I figured out how to keep those vamps alive. The red ghost in my sig is him.
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »

That happened with My sim too!!! I was wondering why he kept getting FAT for no reason after I changed him! And yeah, I gave him that lifetime reward and am now working on his athletic skill but yeah, he would plump back up the next day!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who experienced a problem with that. ;)

Haha! Glad not to be the only one