May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A whole different sim when saving a sim that has CC

So I recently created a sim with custom content, but when I save her in to my library, her second photo that shows her traits, looks nothing like her! The sim in the second photo looks like the base sim I used to make the sim with CC, so it may be interfering? Do I have to use a sim that Maxis made in order to save her and have her second photo to look like her? Is there any reason for this issue and how do you fix it?

Use this link to see what I mean: i.imgur.com/N5ThUa3.png

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I don't use cc, but I noticed the other day that when I put make-up on one of my Sims as part of her everyday outfits, it did not carry through to the other categories of attire. I had to redo the make-up for formal, athletic, party, swim, and sleep. I see yours is wearing a different outfit in the second picture. Maybe that's the problem?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    This happens to me too when I overwrite a Sim from my library. It is just a cache issue, I think. Clear cache, reload game and check it again.
  • Options
    AngelnGamesAngelnGames Posts: 5 New Member
    How do I clear the caches exactly?
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    I am also having this issue and I'm pretty sure it's not CC related (Happened before I started DL any CC or gallery content). All my sims 2nd picture (individual pics?) look like the very first sim I created in Sims 4. I haven't tried clearing the cache, since I will be reinstalling soon anyway.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Try clearing out the folder called Cache - that's the folder that's remembering what it saw in the Gallery. Some people suggest clearing only the files called .cache, but that's cautious advice going back to game launch; I'm pretty sure at this point that you can delete the whole folder.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.